Chapter 20: Wasting All These Tears

She sat in his lap, he rubbed her back making sure she was okay. She grabbed her notebook and began to write, he smiled knowing she was writing a great song. Amy had always been inspired by those heartbreaking moments she had in her life.

"What did you write?" he asked.

She smiled because he knew her so well.

"Standing on a corner cryin', feeling like fool for tryin', I don't even remember why I'm wasting all these tears on you," she sang.

"It sounds beautiful babe, I hope I didn't inspire those lyrics," he joked.

"Very funny but to make you feel better, you didn't inspired them, the jerk Daniel did," she answered.

"I'm glad, I only want to inspire love songs," he said.

"And you have already and a lot," she said.

"I think I want to record this song right away," she said.

She went downstairs, they had set up and recording studio for her to use whenever they were home. John loved listening to hear sing, to him she sounded like an angel, he was glad that she was starting to write more often now.

She turned the equipment on and he was helping her set it up, "Let's make another hit song babe," he said.

She laughed, "Let's do this," she said.

"I wish I could erase our memory, 'cause you didn't give a damn about me, oh finally I'm through wasting all these tears on you," she sang.

"Wow it sounds amazing babe, I love it, I hope he gets to hear it someday and realize the jerk that he was," he said.

"I hope he realizes it too and that he made a big mistake," she said. "Baby, thank you," she said.

He gave her a puzzled look, "Why are you thanking me for babe?" he asked.

"For fixing my broken heart and making me a better person," she said.

He kissed the top of her head, "Babe, you don't have to thank me for that, I was just being a good boyfriend and husband to you so I'm guessing I did a good job," he responded.

"You did an amazing job actually," she said.

She kissed him, she held him by his neck to deepen the kiss. He placed his hand on her waist to keep her in place, he wanted to be there forever with her.

Baby John started crying and they stopped their kiss, "I'll check up on him babe, you listen to the song," he said.

He started to make his way upstairs but stopped at the beginning of the stairs to go back to her and give her a quick peck on her lips which surprised her.

"I love you Amy," he said.

She smiled from ear to ear, "I love you too Johnny Boy," she said.

She listened to the song, "You ain't worth another sleepless night and I'll do everything I gotta do to get you off my mind 'cause what you wanted I couldn't get, what you did, boy, I'll never forget."

As she heard the song, she realized that only John made her forget about Daniel all this time. She only remembered him when she saw him at the club if it wasn't for that night, she would have completely forgotten about him and the damage he caused.

Amy realized she told Kaitlyn she would text her later and never did. She checked her phone, she had tons of text messages and missed calls from Kaitlyn. She decided to call her even though it was late, she knew Kaitlyn wouldn't sleep well without knowing what really happened.

"Hey Kaitlyn," she said in a low voice.

"Hey Amy, are you okay? I've been worried about you since you left the club, I thought something happened to you since you didn't answer," she said catching her breathe.

"I'm fine, I've been home, John came not too long after I arrived," she said.

"What happened?" Kaitlyn asked and Amy could sense the concern in her voice.

"Well, the guy performing at the mic night, I know him," she started.

"How do you know him?" she asked.

"When I was in high school, I was that the total geek and he was the jock every girl was falling for. One day, he started flirting with me and asked me out, I accepted since I had a crush on him. There was a party and I think he spiked my drink, he forced himself on me. Once I woke up, I realized what he was doing so I hit him and ran from the party," she explained.

Kaitlyn gasped and there was silence on the other end.

"Kaitlyn?" Amy said hoping she had listened to her.

"I'm here sorry I'm just shocked, you've never told me that," she said.

"Actually, no one knew, I came home crying, all the memories from that night came back to me, John found me crying and asked what happened and I had to explain. I never told anyone, I preferred forgetting about it and erasing it from my mind," she said.

"I understand Amy, I'm so sorry that you went through all of that alone," Kaitlyn responded.

"It's okay, it's not your fault," Amy said.

"Thank you for being such a good friend to me Kaitlyn, I wouldn't have been able to go through all of this without you," Amy said.

"I love being there for my best friend just like you have been there for me always," Kaitlyn said. "But I gotta go, Sheamus is here if you know what I mean," Kaitlyn added.

Amy laughed, "I know what you mean, have a good night and thank you," Amy said.

"Goodnight Amy," she said.

"Goodnight Kaitlyn, enjoy," Amy said.

"Babe, come up here, we both miss you," John said.

Amy smiled, she loved being around them so much, "I'm coming love," she said.

She went upstairs and baby John fell asleep in John's arms, she couldn't blame him. She cuddled up beside John.

"Goodnight Johnny boy," she said.

"Goodnight babe," he said.

"Have sweet dreams," she said.

When he looked at her, she had fallen asleep already, he knew he was sleeping next to two angels tonight.