Chapter 8: Reality Check

Amy and Phil arrived in Chicago days before the live show.

"Wow this is nice Phil," she said.

Today, they were visiting his family whom he hasn't seen in a while. He hugged them while Amy stayed behind.

"Oh sorry, guys this is Amy Cena, she's a close friend of mine. This is Chaleen, Chez & Colt," he said.

She waved shyly at all of them, they all hugged her one by one.

"Wait, you're Cena, so you're married to John Cena?" Chaleen asked curiously.

"Yes, we just got married not too long ago," Amy responded as she showed her the ring.

"I heard about what happened, I'm so sorry," Chaleen said.

"It's fine, don't worry, Phil has been a great help," Amy said as he held her hand.

Chez and Colt were giving Amy a tour of the home.

Amy could overhear Chaleen talking to Phil, "Are you sure about this? She's married! You gotta be careful Phil."

"I always liked her and she likes me too, I know nothing will happen, she's just a close friend," he said defensively.

"Then why do I see you blushing Phillip Jack Brooks," Chaleen said almost screaming.

"Look, she's separated from John and I kissed her, she kissed me back," he responded.

"I knew it! Once I saw you kiss her at the PPV, I knew it was real, I told Chez and Colt that it seemed real but they both said it was part of the storyline," she explained.

Amy couldn't hold it anymore and went to interrupt them, "Chaleen, it's not his fault, I let him kiss me. I know it's hard because I'm married and I'm confused right now but Phil has been the only person to take care of me."

"Phil, thank you but I knew this was going to be a bad idea, they all probably think I'm a whore or a slut just because we kissed," Amy said storming out of the house.

"I'm sorry, I don't think that," Chaleen yelled.

"It's fine guys, I'll go get her," Phil said.

"Amy! Wait up!," he yelled hoping she could hear him.

"I'm sorry Phil, I'm sorry that I'm confusing you and making your life complicated," she shouted.

He caught up to her, "Look, Chaleen didn't mean anything bad."

"Phil, don't worry about it, I'll find a hotel for me to stay in," she said.

"Amy, please, stop there's a coffee shop here, we can chat," he said.