Chapter 9: One Surprise After Another...

The lights coming from the curtain woke her up. She opened her eyes, she didn't remember what had happened the night before.

"Good morning babe," John said as he startled her.

"Good morning hun, are you feeling better today?" 

"Yeah, thanks for taking care of me last night," he responded.

"No problem, well I'm gonna go," she said as she started getting up from the bed.

"Are you sure you don't want breakfast?" He asked. "I cooked your favorite French toast with toast and coffee," he said.

"Sure, I guess I'll have some," she responded.

"Tastes just like always," she said as she ate.

"Well, just because we're separated doesn't mean my cooking will change," he responded.

"That's true," she laughed.

They had been separated for weeks now, it seemed like forever for both of them. She looked at him and missed that part of her life, she wished everything could go back to normal but that wasn't going to be easy.

He held her, he turned on the radio and "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri was playing on the radio and they slow danced. She missed his arms around her bringing her a sense of protection, the way he held her made her feel like she was home again.

He dipped her, their lips were almost touching, he wanted to lean in and kiss her. "I gotta get going now," she said.

"Why can't I kiss you?" He asked.

"I'm just afraid that if I kiss you, your lips won't taste the same after you kissed her," she said almost in tears.

She left his hotel room in a hurry, all she thought was that she wanted to be somewhere quiet where she could hear her own thoughts.

Phil was just waking up, he felt the side of the bed that was empty, he remembered that she had spent the night with her husband. It irritated him that she fell back for him that easily.

He felt a piece of paper on the pillow next to him, "Hey Phil, I came back earlier you were still sleep so I didn't want to wake you up, you look so cute when you are sleeping by the way. I went out for a walk, I'll be back soon and I left you breakfast ready too. Love, Amy."

He couldn't help but smile at her note. He thought about it, he knew where to find her.

He got dressed and headed to the coffee shop, he knew she will find peace and quiet there. He went inside and was immediately greeted by Stephanie, "Good morning Phil."

"Good morning Stephanie," he said.

He glanced through the coffee shop and there she was by the window table with a notebook just writing, she was peaceful.

"Good morning beautiful," he said as he sat beside her.

She playfully hit him with her notebook, "You scared the crap out of me Phil."

"I knew I would find you here," he said with a smile.

"How did you know I will be here?" She asked.

"We'll let's say I've learned a lot about you lately, I knew you could only find peace here," he answered.

She smiled, she couldn't believe that he had learned so much about in so little time.

"What are you writing?" He asked.

"Just anything that comes to my head and hopefully it will end up being a song," she joked.

"Good luck," he said.

"Luck is for losers, remember?" She teased.

He smiled, she knew him too well already.

"Come on babe, we have to get ready for the signing," he said.

"I almost forgot, let's go," she said.

"Bye, Stephanie," they said in unison.

They arrived at the arena, the Diva that John had cheated with was there.

She came by to talk to Amy, "Hey, I need to talk to you."

"We have nothing to talk about anymore," Amy said.

"Actually we do, I need to talk to you and John together please," she pleaded.

"Fine but make it quick," Amy said angrily.

She had Amy and John together and there was a lot of tension in the room.

"I wanted to chat with you both because I have something to announce," she started to say nervously. "As you remember you caught me with John and now were expecting a baby," she explained.

Amy was caught by surprise, John and her had been intimate once and she wasn't pregnant but one time he's involved with this bimbo and she's having his baby. Amy tried to keep her anger intact but her fists were clenched, she was furious.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Amy shouted as she face to face with her. "You're a home wrecker, you know that? We were perfectly happy until you came along. Until you decided to ruin my life, I thought you were my friend but you weren't," Amy yelled before leaving the room.

John was speechless and confused, he wanted a family but not with her, he wanted Amy back and this going to draw her even farther from him. The Diva that John had cheated with knew she could have John as long as they were having a child together, she knew that no matter how much he loved Amy, he would like to be part of his child's life.

Amy just wanted crawl and cry until she had no tears left in her if that was possible. John wanted to find her, be her shoulder to cry on and be with her forever. Phil was looking for Amy as he sees her crying, he holds her and she cries in his chest.

"How could she? Why did she does this to me? I thought she was my friend," she said in a low voice.

"Babe, what's going on?" he asked with confusion.

"She wanted to talk to me and John privately and she informed us that she's pregnant!" she cried.

"I'm so sorry babe," he said as he held her. He dragged her to his locker room and sat her down on the couch, "What happened exactly?" he asked.

"She said she is pregnant with John's child, Phil, she ruined my marriage just like that," she said. "It makes me sick, we were intimate once and nothing happened, they're together once and she's pregnant!" she shouted.

Seeing her like this made him really upset, of all people Amy deserved happiness, she never did anything wrong to anyone, she was a good person. Once she mentioned that she didn't pregnant from their first time with John, he wondered what had really happened between the Diva and John.