Chapter 64

Cam's POV

As everyone went outside to see the firework, I took a chair and sat on my phone. I scrolled down my phone book and stopped at Andrea's name. I wanted to call her, but she surely wouldn't pick up. I pressed on the message button and typed 

*Hey Andrea, I'm sorry for everything. Sorry for being such a jerk, sorry for not telling you the truth, sorry that I've been acting so strange, and most of all sorry for letting you down. big time.. It's been months, and these few months felt like an eternity without you by my side. I love you. Sam's used to be my best friend, but you? You're my present and my future. Call me cheesy like always but you're the one I love. I need you so bad, I don't know where you are or what you're doing right now. But please, Andrea. Come home. Shawn and Sam-*

 As I was about to type that they werent doing very well, I looked up to see that Shawn whispered something into her ears. And tears rolled down her face. I looked down at my phone again and decided not to type anything at all so I deleted the message and put the phone in my pocket. 

I had my eyes on both of them, wondered whether I'd say something or just let them talk. Maybe they'd be fine without my help. Sam suddenly placed her hand on his arm. She looked pale. Really pale. He whispers something into her ears again. And as I could see, she removed her hand from his arm. 

But suddenly I notice how weak she looked.

 Suddenly...

 ''SAM!'' 

''SAM!!'' I shouted, seeing how Shawn pushed her down the stairs. Shawn panicked and looked shocked. He instantly held her head to support her body, but I didn't let him. 

''DON'T TOUCH HER!'' I shouted and ran towards them. I pushed Shawn away and held Sam. 

''Call 911!!'' 

*AT THE HOSPITAL* 

Shawn and I haven't spoke a word since we came to the hospital. I really don't have anything to say. Honestly.. I feel like I barely know him now. My own cousin. I mean Shawn? Shawn Mendes, the sweetest guy you'll ever know. I mean what? 

Both of us sat four seats away from each other, in front of the ICU. Suddenly he opens his mouth,''I didn't mean to pu-'' Before he could finish his sentence, I cut him off. 

''What the hell were you thinking?!?! SHAWN!'' I finally spit. 

''I...I said. I didn't mean it. I thought she was pretending to-'' I cut him off again. 

''Pretending?!? Shawn! Sam is sick.'' I paused and looked at him, as his eyes widened. ''Sam is suffering from cancer. She's been suffering for a long time, even before you two broke up.'' I made him speechless so I continued. ''And the last thing she ever wanted was to hurt you. She didn't want you to hate her either. But pushing her down the stairs? What the hell, Shawn? What's wrong with you? I know you're mad and that you probably hate the both of us right now, but Jaden? I recently just found out about Jaden as well?! Trust me when I say this. Jaden will always be my kid, but that won't change the fact that I love Andrea. And Sam loves you. Since I moved back to Cali, she never changed her mind. Because it's the past! Jaden happened before you came into her life and changed everything. She loves you, Shawn.'' His eyes widened even more.

''Cam, I don't know what game you two are playing?! But lying about someone having cancer? That's the lowest you could ever get. Yes, I'm mad. I'm disappointed and I'm everything negative you could ever imagine. I'm hurt. You wouldn't understand.'' She looks into my eyes. 

''Shawn..'' I try to calm down, considered that I was too hard on him. He wouldn't believe the fact that Sam was dying. ''I'm not lying-'' He cut me off before I could continue. 

''Stop.'' He frowned. I could see it in his eyes. He knew there was some truth in it, he just didn't want to believe it because if he did. He'd officially be torned and ripped apart as if he was the one dying here.