Chapter 40

Sam's POV 

I woke up by the sound of door knock. It was then where I realized.. I was at the hospital but since when? And how did I end up here? 

Dr Trotman, the blood specialist, along with Dr Fernando, the bone marrow biopsy specialist, came to see me. They were the ones who took my blood test the other day, but still.. The last thing I remember was taking Jaden for a trip to the park and.. Oh no Jaden. 

''Dr. Trotman, I have to find Jaden, I-'' 

''Samantha, calm down. He's alright.'' He said. 

''But, dr.! I don't even remember how i ended up here, and how-'' He cut me off again. 

'' A friend of yours found you lying on the ground in the park, he got here as fast as he could. And as for the little boy? He brought him home, for the time you're here.'' But wait.. Who took Jaden? A friend of mine? How can someone just take him without leaving a note or ARHG my head.. I supported my head as the doctors nervously looked at each other. 

''Doc.. What's wrong with me..'' I said in pain. 

5 minutes later - they informed me that my white blood cell count is 10 times that of a normal person. Except, these are not normal white blood cells. They were rather immature abnormal white blood cells. From these they were able to diagnose me: I had leukemia. 

Which means that I won't have much time to live.. 

And from then on, my life was changed. 

Leukemia I was told, happens to 1 out of every 100,000 people. And for some reason I got so lucky to be one of them, or should I say un-lucky. Leukemia.. 

Hah.. I never thought I'd come to this. I was dying. 

I was slowly dying.