Chapter 21

Samantha's POV

I woke up by the sound of my alarm. It was already 8.. I wonder if Mel has decided to go or not. But besides that, Shawn and I talked the whole night. He made me realize so many things, too many - in fact. One thing that I'm sure about is that.. I can't lose him. I don't want to, nor do I need. He's the one that I'll stick to, no matter what.

I love him.

I put my hand on his chest and looked at him while he was sleeping. I don't know why, I always laugh whenever I see him like that. It's been two years and I still think he's so cute when he's sleeping. "What are you laughing at" he was awake.

Ohhh and his morning voice, God.. It's too good for me.

"Nothing, I love you" I tell him.

"I love you too" he looks into my eyes and cracks a smile.

"What time is it?" He grabs his phone, but I managed to say 8 before he reached it. "Sam" he laughs. "It's 9" he added. What? 9? Already??? But I remember I looked at the clock and it said 8, then I thought of Shawn and.. Wow that went really fast.

"I'll walk out and see if Mel has decided" I say and dress up. As Shawn followed me to the living room, I couldn't be more right. I knew she'd go.

"So it's a yes?" I smile in relief.

"It's a yes" she responded. "My flight leave in an hour, Shawn can you-"I cut her off. "Yeah Shawn lets go now before she miss-"

"no Mel, Shawn is gonna drive me. You have to learn something and I hope you'll do it well when I'm gone.." I was confused.

"Do what?"

"I'm just gonna get the car keys" Shawn tried not to interrupt and went into my room.

"Do what?" I repeated. "Do the thing you were supposed to do since the beginning. Jaden. Take care of-" she stops as Shawn comes out of my room. "I will" I hugged her and we said goodbye.

Jaden didn't know his mom was leaving. He knew nothing. I went into Melody's bedroom to see a sleeping Jaden. I went closer to the bed and sat down. How could I do this to a little boy who knows nothing.. I held his little hand. They were so soft, I've never felt something more soft than a baby's hand. Suddenly his hand tightens. He held my finger. I looked at him and noticed his eyes slowly opening.

"Mommy?"

"Mommy will be home soon, Jaden." The fact that he always searched for his mom broke me right there. I let his mom live in another country without her own child. I never thought of this, of how he'd feel. But one thing I know is, I'll take care of Jaden.

I went out in the kitchen with Jaden in my hand, all dressed up. I was about to cook him breakfast but then I realized that I had to go to the grocery store and buy them myself..

Melody usually did those kind of stuff. But now it's my turn. I took Jaden out for a walk to the grocery store and as I was looking at what kind of milk I needed, my heart skipped a beat. I didn't even notice that he let go of my hand. I turned around, and I couldn't find him!!!!?!!!

"Jaden?" I looked around the store. I COULDN'T HIM?! I searched half and hour in the store and gave up. Went to the cashier and asked if they've seen a little boy with blue flannel on.

"Oh yeah, a little boy around 2-3 years old?" She asked and I worriedly nodded. "He just went out of the store with I guess his dad for about half an hour ago." .. His dad? JADEN DOESNT HAVE A DAD! Immediately left the store not buying anything. Oh my god.. I've never felt so worried before. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't say anything.

My mind was blown out. My heart kept beating faster and faster as I got to my house, expecting to see Jaden. But he wasn't there. I went outside the house and sat on a bench. All I was waiting for was to see someone come in front of the house with Jaden in their hand.

But 10 minutes passed by and I almost cried. It's not even been 1 day since Melody left and I already failed. I bowed down and put my head in my hands. "No no no you can't catch me" I hear Jaden's laugh.