34: Shots

Authors note:
This is a very important chapter! This is also where the book and the game start to cross over. Now about the dialogue that was in the game, it is not copied exactly ON PURPOSE because who the hell wants to read stuff that they already know from the game?? :l
You guys know me, I don't write boring fanfic ;)

In the dead of night, Anna clutched her head in agony as the surging alcohol painfully withdrew from her blood. Her brain screemed at her, and her queezy, sea-sick stomach sent all of her food back up her esophagus. Her bones screamed at her in rage, and her muscles blamed her for their aching. All of this suffering paled compared to the way she mentally blamed herself for her current state.

She cursed Edward, but she cursed herself more for falling for him.
She stayed silent for most of the night. From her days as a slave, she still remained under the memory that no one cared about her suffering.

Edward was the one who broke all of those chains of her slavery. Edward was the one who had showed her how to be free again, and without knowing so, Edward had taught her so much more than he would have ever guessed. With him gone, Anna couldn't find a place to keep her balanced under the shifting sea under her feet. She spent the sleepless night in Kidd's cabin with a tin bucket at her side. She tossed and turned between throwing up in hopeless misery.

When the sun kissed the east sealine, the waves grew rambunctious under the cloudless sunrise. Despite Edward's experience at the helm, the Jackdaw awkwardly chopped over the waves, causing the restless expedition to lose time. Edward relentlessly shifted his wheel under the prominent waves. His crazed eyes remained focused on The Royal Fortune leading the way.

This was real.
They were sailing straight towards the Observatory. For a few precious seconds, he was free of the painful thought of Anna.

Around midday, Kidd drew The Eagle into the Nassau docks. Anna sighed in relief as she stepped onto solid ground with Kidd's crew. She leaned against a tall, shiftless dock post and panted in relief of solid ground beneath her feet.

Kidd patted Anna on the shoulder as she passed her,
"Feel better, do ya?"

"Like a goat back from hell." Anna huffed.

Kidd gathered her crew around to announce her orders,
"Alright, lads! This is going to be a quick stop, I'm afraid. No time to party."

To Anna's bewilderment, the crew grumbled loudly and protested. The Jackdaw crew would never dared pouting in front of Edward.

A sailor spoke up to Kidd,
"Now, Sir! This be a complete poppycock! Ya promised us a proper night in Nassau last time we docked, and when something came up, ya made us leave in such a hurry, we never got what we promised, did we lads?"

The whole crew behind him agreed in a large chorus of 'Aye's.'

Another sailor pouted,
"I have a sweet lady of the night I've been itchin to visit!"

Kidd held up a hand to cease the crew's complaining.

Kidd admitted,

"It's the truth Master Riggmaiden, aye. You gents have been good and you deserve your share of skunk-facin, so here's a proposition:
Ya want a party? Let's bring a party with us to sea!"