12: Pirates and Poetry

Anna woke up cuddled warmly against Edward's hard chest as he yawned.

"Morning, popsy." He smirked.

Anna smiled at the nickname, and sat up sheepishly,
"Morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Aye, very. Apparently some opportunities crawl back into bed and sleep with you."
He winked.

"There was a storm!"
Anna excused,
"The poop deck above my cot has a leak!"

Kenway's chest rumbled deaply in laughter as he pulled her back down and started tracing small circles around her thigh. Anna's uncomfortableness vanished at the electric touch of his thumb. They stayed in the silence for a while. Anna was beginning to go back to sleep when Kenway suddenly asked,

"You ever heard of the Observatory, Anna?"

"No.. What is it?"

"It's a place I've heard about somewhere in these seas. It's a hidden place where a person can see through another's eyes through his blood."

Anna cocked her head in confusion. What did that even mean? Kenway scooted closer to her seductively,

"Say you were trying to get away from me," He winked,
"If the only clue I had was a drop of your blood, I could go to the Observatory, and I could find exactly where you were. It would show me the world as you see it; through your eyes."

Anna's eyes grew wide as she abosorbed every word as Edward explained the place to her. It amazed her how a place like that could exist. How is it possible to see through any man's eyes anytime no matter where he was? With just a single drop of a man's blood? She looked at him aith astonishment,

"A place like that really exsists!?"

"Not many believe it does, but then again, not many people believed in Joan or Arc either. In any case, that's my end goal on these seas... Discovering that place and selling the location. Then I'd have more money then I'd ever know what to do with until the day that I rot."

Kenway ended his daydream with a sigh.
Anna made up her mind to believe in the Observatory. She hated to admit it, but she loved the dreamy look on his face when he talked about that place. For a second, she dared to wonder if he ever sounded that way talking about her.

Fifteen minutes later, Kenway took the helm of the ship, and they set sail into the morning lavender horizon. At this rate, they should reach the Pinos Isle of the Cayman Islands before lunch.
Kenway had suggested to Anna that she hunt and sharpen her shooting skills when they arrived while he took most of the men to dig up the treasure at the coordinates. However, he was beginning to worry about the other unsolved maps sitting on the pile on his desk.

When Adawalé shouted Land Ho a few hours later, Anna quickly gathered members for her hunting expedition. She rounded up Joel, Soap, and even managed to drag Dr. John out of his infirmary.
Adawalé and some men stayed behind with the ship, and the rest of the pirates, including Russell and Adawalè, went with Edward.

Anna's hunting party walked deaper into the island and Soap whined like a baby,

"Why did I let you drag me into this, Anna? I wanted to go see the treasure! I mean I know I'm a likeable person now, but bless my boogers, mate!"

Anna scoffed.

Joel pointed to a thick canopy of greenery between two palm trees,

"We can hide behind that shrubbery here. Howler monkeys will be crawling about, sure as Soap's whining vagina."

Joel and Anna had to stop walking to repress their laughter and avoid scattering any prey that could be nearby.

Soap shook his head at the mockery,