Ch 35 - Epilogue

Mild Warning: Starts a little racy, but not explicit.

//

And our lips touch; gently, sweetly.

She breathes me in, and I do the same.

And I hold my breath, so I can hold my heart out to her.

Because it's never been mine.

Because my heart, it's always been hers.

It's always been Lo's.

//

"...Fuck-- baby, harder-- I'm so close."

I have Lauren propped at the edge of the table, and she's completely naked, except for her heels.

Those, I asked her to keep on.

I don't know how exactly we got from the armchair on the other side of the room, all the way to this table, full of Dinah's birthday presents.

But that doesn't really matter right now, because all I can think of, is making her moan louder, than she already is.

Even though Lauren's tried countless times to get me undressed, I decide I'm gonna make her work for it, because I'm nowhere near done with her yet.

I smile against her neck, and instead of doing what she's asked, I slow my pace.

I hear Lauren's breathless whine, and her nails dig into my shoulder, and she tries to put up a fight, but then--

"Mani! Wait up!"

Holy freaking shit.

Dinah's voice sounds off in my head, blaring red alert, defcon fucking five; intruder, intruder.

Lauren and I look at each other in utter panic, and her gaze shoots down to her totally, buck-naked body, then zooms back up to look at me with pure, and sheer terror.

Normani's voice then filters through, and it sounds even closer, imminent even. "Stop following me, Dinah!"

I look over across the room, where Lauren's dress, is draped neatly over the back of a chair, and I quickly determine that there's zero fucking chance we could make it to safety.

So I spring into action, grabbing my naked girlfriend along with me.

"Camz, my dress!" She hisses sharply.

I swing open the nearest closet door, shoving her in, and I answer, "Man fucking down, baby, leave it!"

We both hear the door knob starting to open--

And I feel Lauren's grip around my arm, and she wheezes, "You are not leaving me in here by myself!"

She yanks me in, and I manage to close the slatted door, just as the main door bursts open.

My blood pressure is through the roof, and my face feels red hot.

My hand's still a little slick, so I reach behind, and wipe it on Lauren's hip, trying not to snicker.

Of course, this only earns me a really sharp pinch on my ass, back from her.

Okay, I deserved that.

Through the small gaps, I see Normani strutting through, with Dinah following her closely.

Lauren and I go deathly still, but even though we're cramped in this tiny space, it's not lost on me, that my girlfriend is wearing absolutely no clothing behind me, and she's probably freaking the fuck out, more than I already am.