Ch 18

//

The oxygen drains out of my body, as I stare at the screen in disbelief.

It's a Camren vine.

But it's not just like all the other Camren vines out there, full of edits and manips.

It's a vine of Lauren and I kissing last night at the bar.

Shit, shit, shit...

The swear words in my mind keep looping along, and these six seconds turn into several minutes, before Dinah finally shakes me into reality with her voice.

"Mila? Say something."

I blink and tear my eyes off the screen, locking her phone and setting it on her lap.

"Shiiiiit," I say again, this time out loud.

Just when I think things are at their worst, the universe decides to throw in another golden nugget, just for fun.

I look to Dinah, and she's looking at me like she's expecting me to blow up, and I don't blame her, because I feel like I'm about to erupt.

Once again though, her phone rings, and on the display, I see Will's name pop up, and we both glance to each other briefly.

I sigh, and nod at her, and she picks her phone up and taps on the answer button.

"Heeey, Will-- um, yeah, we just saw. Yup, I'm with Camila. Huh? Emergency meeting?" Dinah looks at me questioningly, and I just shrug in defeat, because today can't possibly get any worse.

Dinah nods slowly at me, and continues, "Okay, we'll see you in a few hours then."

She hangs up, and tries to smile encouragingly as she says, "Happy coming out day?"

I make a sound of annoyance, and slap her on the arm. I throw myself back on the couch, and grab a cushion to place over my face, and proceed to scream as loudly as I can.

Okay, that made me feel a little bit better, but it doesn't last for very long.

I feel Dinah cautiously peel the pillow off my face, and she says, "You knew this was coming though, right? I'm actually surprised you guys didn't get caught earlier."

Of course Dinah's right, but I don't have to like it. "I know, but it's not exactly how I wanted to get it out there..."

Dinah purses her lips, and taps a finger over them. "Well, you know Will is probably gonna get you to deny it, right? I mean, the video's blurry, even though it's kinda obvious. I'm sure he'll set you up with a nice beard in no time."

I roll my eyes, because Dinah's right, again.

I'm also positive Will knew about Lauren and I from the beginning, but it was one of those things everyone within our circle knew about, but never talked about.

And at the time, Lauren and I were too stuck in our own little happy bubble to really care, as long as it stayed within the immediate group.

"Mm, speaking of beards, how's Shawn? I haven't heard from him in months. You guys used to be so tight."

The mention of Shawn's name makes me fidget a little, and I decide that now's not the time to be going into this topic right now.

I try to keep a neutral face, and reply, "I dunno, um, we should probably get ready, hey? I'll call my mom first, and get changed, and we can go?"

Dinah's brows knot in confusion, and she opens her mouth to say something, but I interrupt her by abruptly getting up, and snatching her phone. "I'm gonna borrow this, 'kay?"