Ch 10

//

Her face is already moving down to my lips as she whispers, "...so is this."

When she kisses me, I feel something I haven't felt in a long time.

Her lips, they taste like drinking whiskey on a rooftop, and watching the sun rise after a dark storm.

I feel my head spinning, and being drunk on alcohol, doesn't compare to being drunk from her kisses.

I don't realize it, but my fingers are tangled into her long dark auburn hair, and her hands are cupping my face, and she's kissing me so softly, like she's reading my mind.

Her lips feel foreign, yet familiar, like I've felt them before, but from a distant place, another life.

She pulls away, because there's this thing called breathing, and because all good things eventually come to an end.

She looks as surprised as I feel, like neither one of us are expecting a stranger to kiss so incredibly.

We both know it was meant to be a fun, meaningless dare, but there's something intangible in the way are mouths fit together.

Her gaze reminds me of arctic glaciers, and I have to look away because I feel like we're about to collide.

I search around me, because this is the type of scene from the movies, where Lauren would be watching from the sidelines, and the camera would zoom up to her face, then pan out to mine, and a major dramatic scene would unfold, and it would end with tears, and slaps you can never take back.

But she's not there; no one's looking.

Lauren's still the ghost that's been haunting me for the last year.

The moment is kept between the two of us, like an unspoken secret, a story untold.

Of two strangers, a dare, and a kiss.

She shyly looks away, and the bartender behind me breaks into our bubble by letting me know that the drinks are ready.

She looks past me, then back into my eyes, and it's my turn to look away.

"Do you want help bringing those drinks back?"

I smile and nod, and turn around to gather the glasses in my hands, because I can't handle holding eye contact with her.

She squeezes in beside me and our arms brush against each other, and I feel the blush rising on my face, and I know it's not the alcohol.

She leads the way through the dance floor and stops once we get a bit of space around us. She gets close, so we can hear each other better, and I feel the air thicken.

We're standing in each other's personal space, much closer than necessary.

She holds my gaze intently, and asks, "So, which table are your friends at? Maybe after we drop these off, you can let me buy you a drink, since I stole one of yours and all?"

I'm a little confused, and slightly surprised. I was pretty sure Dinah sent her after me.

Not to sound conceited, but doesn't she know who I am?

I look blankly at her, and she shrugs again with a smile. She's totally being serious, and it's kinda cute and refreshing at the same time.

I awkwardly laugh, and point towards where Dinah, Normani and Ally are sitting.

She looks toward where I'm gesturing at, and she looks back at me. The air disperses around us like a burst bubble. "Oh...are you Camila?"

I nod slowly, and I see her expression crumble at my confirmation.