Ch 7

//

And all of a sudden, Lauren is pushing me against the concrete wall.

Her hands find my face, and her lips crash onto mine like a land mine.

And the world stops turning.

Because we're suspended in this moment.

Her kisses turn back time. And her hands on my body are like the hands of a clock, ticking us backwards to when we were young and madly in love.

When seconds, and minutes, and hours, all bleed into now.

Because time, is relative, and so is our love.

And right now, my mind is completely checked out, because my body's taken over.

We don't speak, we just touch.

We don't use words, we just kiss.

We start soft, but we're slowly erupting.

Lauren parts my lips with her tongue, and her hand slides up my thigh.

I moan against her mouth, then bite her bottom lip.

She whines from the pain, and I slip my hands under her shirt, and dig my nails onto her back.

I want her to surrender to the roughness of my kisses, but my knees get weak when her teeth find my neck.

Lauren presses her body onto mine, and it makes me want to tear the clothing keeping our skin apart.

I know she feels the same way, because her fingers drag my dress up to my waist, and she grabs hold of my ass, and her thigh is between my legs, and now I'm riding the fucking high of her touch.

My body is on fire, and her lips are gasoline.

But then the sound of a door thudding open extinguishes us back to the present, and Lauren is off me in a heartbeat, and I'm pulling my dress back down in an instant.

We hear footsteps echo on the stairwell, but they're fading away, instead of drawing near.

Our eyes lock, and I realize that the moment's over.

I see the panic on Lauren's face, as if she just realized what she initiated, and she swears under her breath, and does that fucking thing with her hand through her hair again.

It still hits me hard, but the regret on her face pisses me off even more, and I don't give her the chance to apologize, because I'm the one who gets to walk off this time.

I leave her in the stairwell, and I refuse to look back.

Then I remember that time travel doesn't exist, and that memories remain with the past.

And so does our love.

//

It's several weeks later, and Surreal Perfection's newest single, featuring Camila Cabello of Fifth Harmony, is an instant hit.

Everywhere I go, someone's talking about it. With every interview I do, I'm asked about mine and Lauren's 'relationship' in the most annoyingly indirect, yet obvious manner.

Will and Stephen get the lift on our respective careers that they were expecting, and then some. Our bookings increase, and Fifth Harmony's third studio album is already cutting through all the red tape.

#CamrenIsAlive continues to trend, and a hundred different edits are made and set against the soundtrack of the new single.

Dinah tries to ban me from going on any form of Social Media, because apparently, it's making me really crusty. And Dinah doesn't like her Walz crusty in any way, shape, or form.