Ch 34

[To Listen To (as if the video wasn't enough, eh?):
"Hurt Me" by Lapsley]
^^Stop side-eyeing me, and just put it on repeat!! 😘

//

"Camila, you shouldn't worry, we-- you, didn't do anything wrong..."

I know he's trying to make me feel better, but I can tell that he's also looking for validation on his end.

He's right; I know he's right.

But somehow, there's a part of me that isn't so sure that Lauren would agree.

//

She's late.

The fact that I was able to get Dinah ready and here with five minutes to spare, means something's holding Lauren up.

She hasn't answered any of my calls, and I can see Ally already having a mini panic attack, downstairs by the bar, while she's furiously tapping on her phone.

I rest my arms over the club's second floor bannister, and I check my own phone, swiping to see when the last text I sent Lauren was.

Okay, that was three minutes ago; I swear it felt like at least thirty minutes since I last checked.

I look down below, my eyes trained at the entrance, where more and more people are filtering in through.

Management went full out with the decorations, the DJ, the catering, and all the press and even a red carpet outside.

It's still a little early, but I can already tell that this party's gonna get turnt up later.

Everywhere I look, people are slamming back drinks, flirting, dancing, and letting loose.

Speaking of, Dinah and Normani are also by the bar, and I look over just in time, to watch them toast each other and knock shots back, following them up with lemon wedges.

Are they seriously starting the night off with Tequila?

I can't help but shake my head; I guess it's gonna be that kind of night, alright.

But then my heart jumps, because when I glance back over to the entrance, I see Lauren.

And, just, damn--

Even from my spot on the balcony, all I can see is skin; and lots of it.

Pale, smooth, and luminescent.

Yes, that's exactly the word I need to use, because everything else around her, fades into black, and the plunging neckline, running almost halfway down her flat stomach, reminds me of runway edge lights, guiding me home.

Right away, I notice that she's smiling, and she seems fairly at ease, thank god. Drama averted, so far.

I start to feel a little less nervous.

It's gonna be alright; we're gonna be alright.

I glance down at my phone to check the time, and it's still early enough for me to do what I have to do.

I need to just pull Lauren aside and tell her.

We'll kiss, and make up, and put all of this drama behind us, and we'll be back, with plenty of time to eat cake and party the night away. Together.

I nod to myself. Yes, good plan, me.

I start to make my way towards the stairs, staying close to the bannister, so I can keep tabs on my girlfriend.

She hasn't even made it ten steps into the club, and already, everybody wants to talk to her.

I make it down to the first floor, just as I catch Lauren being waved over by Dinah and Normani.