Ch 11

WARNING: Some steaminess ahead, but not explicit. 😉

//

"Camz...I don't want to be your friend anymore..."

Same words, different meaning, different intentions.

My mind isn't able to keep up, but that's okay, because my body recognizes hers, in the same way that a sculpture, fits against its mould.

Our lips sigh onto one another, and I lose all concept of reality.

Her mouth on mine is a waking dream, and I never want to fall asleep again.

Lauren kisses me like I'm rain, and she's a desert in drought, taking in every single drop like it's her last.

I can feel every nerve on my body vibrating with her every touch, and the fences around my heart just wilt apart, to make way for whatever she's willing to give me.

I pull her in, and the door slams behind her, and I'm ripping off her clothes, and she's doing the same for me, until we're both grasping at each other in our underwear.

Our kisses slowly turn from desperate to sensual, and we both come to terms with the fact that this is actually happening.

It's just the two of us, in my house; no distractions, no interruptions.

We're both loosened by the drink, and both yearning for each other's touch.

I pull her further in, leaving a trail of falling fabric on the floor, and I push her down onto the couch. She grabs for my waist and I straddle her lap.

Her hands on my body feel like lightning in a storm, and every strike threatens to stop my heart from beating out of my chest.

Lauren's looking up at me like she's seeing me for the first time, and the intensity of her gaze spreads all over my body in waves.

I spread my thighs and sink down on to her skin, and she groans as she digs her fingers onto my ass to yank me even closer to her heat.

I tilt my head back, and let her kiss and nip at my neck. And I can hear her breathing me in deeply.

But then the tide turns, and I can feel the urgency in her touch, soften suddenly. No, not yet, I say in my mind.

So I grasp her hard by the hair so I can pull her face up to meet me.

Her eyes are searching for something in mine, and I see the fear and hesitation in hers.

She's holding back, I can tell.

But now that I have her pinned under me, I'm not going to let her slip away this easily.

I run my tongue over her bottom lip, before kissing her deeply. She moans against my mouth, and I feel her grip tighten.

Breathless, I pull away just far enough so I can look her in the eyes.

And I say to her, "It's okay, baby...we're okay now..."

I know I had her convinced for maybe a second or two, but the way her hand is now tenderly caressing my back, tells me she's not ready to go any further yet.

The corner of Lauren's mouth quirks up into an uncertain smile, and she says, "Camz...do you think...maybe we can take it slow?"

The vulnerability in her voice tears at my heart, but my body is protesting very loudly to the massive stop sign Lauren just flashed in front of me.

I want to tell her that taking it slow is for virgins, or snails, or grannies making their way through a fucking crosswalk.

I don't realize just how much pent-up sexual frustration I have for Lauren until this ice bucket got dunked over my head.