Ch 2

It's two am and there's a knock at my door.
I check the clock on the bedside table, and I realize that it's actually three.

Another few knocks sound, and I walk up to the peephole, and my breath catches.

It's Lauren.

For a few moments, I'm torn on whether I should open the door or not. Lauren and I in public is one thing, but Lauren and I alone, was another.

I'm not sure I trust myself well enough to let her in.

"I know you're there."

Her voice is muffled through the barrier between us, and when I look through the hole again, she's staring right at me.

My hand feels numb as I unlatch the door, and I can't even take a breath when I pull it open.

And now she's standing there, looking as beautiful as ever. More, even.

She looks a little less made up than before. Her hair's a bit dishevelled, probably from a night of drinking and dancing at whatever hot after party she was invited to.

"What're you doing here, Lauren?" I hear the defensiveness in my voice, and so does she.

Her eyes shift to the ground in front of us, like she's unsure of what to say.

We both know why, though.

"I miss you."

My gut reels at her words, because it's what I've been wanting to hear for months. It sounds even better in real life, than in my fantasies.

She takes a step forward, and I stay put. I can smell the alcohol off her now, and it makes sense.

If I actually enjoyed drinking and partying, I'd be in the same boat after seeing her too. Instead, I chose to sneak off early, and be miserable on my own, instead of bringing the other girls down.

I bite my bottom lip and look back at her, and I can tell we're both fighting the same urges.

Her eyes travel down my body, and it's like she's touching me without moving an inch, and I try to hide her effect in me, but the goosebumps on my skin are already giving me away.

Silence stretches between us, and we both know that it's just a matter of time until one of us gives in.

Usually, it's me; and she knows it.

My eyes are drawn to Lauren's lips, and she licks them. It makes my pulse beat faster, and I feel heat rise to my face.

She runs a hand through her hair, and it makes me want her even more.

She wants me to make the first move; knows that I'll make the first move, and it makes me angry.

Because she's right.

My hands are already moving towards her, and she leans forward to meet me--

"Miiiiiiiiila! Where's that sexy ass of yours!"

Lauren and I step back away from each other, like opposing magnets, and the moment's over.

I see Lauren back up to the hallway, and she's looking to her left with a resigned smile on her face.

It only takes a few more seconds, before I see Dinah and Normani, stumbling arm in arm by the doorway. They're both clearly drunk, and still in a rowdy mood.

Normani's the first to say something. "Ohhhh shit! Did we just walk in on you?"

Dinah's not far behind her, and she claps a hand on Lauren's shoulder. "Lauuuuuren, are you here for a booty call? Girl, you've got some balls!"