35

THE BOY IS GIVEN A SCARE

(AN - *tip-toes into the room sheepishly after making everyone wait overly long* *picks up mic and taps it, capturing the attention of the now angry mob* "hi" 😅

Je suis sorry. But here's another chapter and It's not even a Monday! It's explicate at like the half way point in Maisie's POV so BEWARE of that. But I hope you enjoy it!!

Song #116: [play now] Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene by Hozier)

Isaac Cohan
May 8/15 - Fri

"Hello?" I pick up my buzzing phone absentmindedly, stifling a yawn as I quickly run my towel through my hair to dry the excess water off.

Cece and I had just returned home a few minutes ago, giving me just enough time to shower before the phone rang at four in the flipping morning. Of course, like I realized ten minutes into the search, we found nothing. After almost eight straight hours. And we aren't even done searching the whole place yet.

"Awesome, you're awake." A familiar arrogantly cheery voice says back, "so here's what we found on Damon so far." Cade begins straight away, giving me no time to reply. "He sleeps in to about nine and always has different company who seem to leave a couple hours after him... And by different I mean he isn't prejudice at all. Slick bastard." He chuckles before I hear another voice in the background as they begin to argue over who gets to hold the phone.

"Hey, Angel." Tyla says, somewhat out of breath from her tiff with Cade.

"Tyla," I sigh loudly, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Please hurry up. I need to get at least an hour of sleep so I don't eat all of the humans tomorrow." I grumble into the phone, itching to get into bed and hold Maisie tight.

"Okay, hold on. We have notes." She explains with a ruffling noise in the background. "He normally went straight to work, which as you know is where we fall short. On Wednesday though he went straight to the warehouse."

If they don't get to some exciting point where he's meeting with Viviana secretly, I'm going to lose it.

"Okay, that's all good, Agent." I say, interrupting her just as she started again. "But unless there's nothing that seems odd to you, I don't need to know his schedule. This is why I needed you guys. I need you to separate the weird from the normal. Meaning I don't need to know what gender he's sleeping with or the times of which he goes to the bathroom --unless I specifically ask for such information." My voice comes out annoyed, showing my need to get off the damn phone. "I need to know if he's been meeting with anybody. For everything that you deem as normal, keep written in your notes because I will need to know all of his likes and dislikes someday soon. Just not tonight." Holding the phone to my ear, I pull on my sweatpants as I get ready to go over to see Maisie.

"Okay, got it." Cade's voice says this time, following orders like a good little soldier. "For now there's nothing that we can determine as weird. We'll need to keep watching to make sure nothing we've seen sticks out. Sorry for bothering you so late, Agent Deavel." He apologizes as I run my hand through my wet hair agitatedly.

"No worries. Call me when you think you've found something."

We both hang up and by the time the line goes dead, I'm on Maisie's veranda.