33

THE BOY IS A LITTLE BIT OBLIVIOUS

(AN - Hi 🙋🏼 I really hate only updating once a week. Ugh. But it needs to be done for the time being. Thanks for sticking with my book. I'm so happy you're still reading it! Here's the next chapter!

Song #109: [play now] Make You Smile by Elle King
Song #110: [play after^] Used To by MUTEMATH)

🌸Maisie Mayfield🌸
Monday, May 4th, 2015

"I think I'm starting to like the colour." Isaac says tugging a strand of my dark brown hair -with tints of orange- as he walks me to my math class. I have Greer to thank for the quick fix of the orange; I'm now officially a bottle brunette.

"Oh 'starting', thanks." I shove him playfully, resulting in him stumbling into the lockers and making me giggle.

He rubs his banged up elbow, shaking his head at me with a light chuckle. His blue eyes watch me carefully, as if I'm about to go all possessed on him again. Or so he says. "You really don't remember waking up last night?" He tries again, engulfing my neck and shoulders with his muscular arm as he puts it lazily around me.

"Nope, sorry." I wrap my skinny arms around his muscle taut torso, wanting to be as close as I can to him. "But it was late. I was probably still half asleep. Don't worry about it -I'm sure every girlfriend has been molested in their sleep at one point in time." I squeeze him playfully, burying my face into his sweater cladded chest as I hide my laugh.

He pinches my side, ignoring my jab at his accidental sexual harassment. "So I confessed my love to a zombie version of you?" He smiles amusedly before pulling me into him and kissing my head. "Sucks to be you, babe. It was a pretty epic confession." He whispers as we come to a stop at my classroom door right as the bell rings.

"I don't want to go." I pout, holding him to me as if the moment I loosen my grip he'll be taken away and gone forever.

He lets me hold him tightly, lacing his large hand in my hair. "I don't want you to go," he sighs, "but I would also like your parents to see me as someone they can trust their daughter with." He purrs against my ear. "I'll be here again when class is over."

"Fuck my parents." I growl angrily into his chest.

"Whoa, baby." He laughs, "I know you're in a fight with them right now, but they're still your parents, love."

"Shush," I huff, knowing he's right but not wanting to acknowledge it.

"Don't shush me," he laughs, pulling me away only to kiss me with a kiss that leaks passion into my very soul right down to my bones as his tongue invades my mouth with his sweetness. He breaks the breath stealing and mind altering kiss and smiles heartbreakingly at me, "Now go to class because I'm counting down for when I get to kiss you like that again."

"Not fair," I exhale, walking obediently away from him due to my mind being all cloudy and fuzzy from his pheromonal filled lips.

"Thanks for finally joining us, Ms Mayfield." My teacher looks at me pointedly before gesturing to my seat beside Jordan.

I bite my lip, holding back a giggle as Isaacs kiss is still very fresh in my mind. "Sorry," I say innocently, sitting down at the desk and pulling my books out.

"Is it still liable to call you a nerd?" Jordan suddenly asks with a smirk on his face.

I blush hard, remembering my last (remembered) encounter with him. If I could willingly fall into a hole right now, that would be great.