I greet death as an old friend

25/7/16
Summary:

WCKD is more than meets the eyes but it might not be so evil as it appears.Blaine spents some time with George which can only end with trouble.Meanwhile things are only getting worse.

Notes:

Songs used for this chapter:
Echo by Jason Walker
Somewhere only we know by The Warblers
Calls me home by Shannon LaBrie

///\\\///\\\
Five months later

WCKD headquarters, 4:07

His head felt heavy and dizzy.In his short life he had only felt once like this and that was when he got accidentally punched-at least that was what he said-by Gally.He was a shucking mess,maybe even worse than that.

"Wakey wakey"a soft voice called as he felt someone tapping his shoulder.The blonde wanted to groan but chose to stay still.He didn't know where he was or how long had passed,but he knew he was in trouble.

"Should I bake pancakes?"one male-or was it female-voice questioned.

"Yeah because I'm sure the lab also has a pan"

"Say whatever you want but I raised three children,the smell of pancakes always wakes them up"

"I think I have a better idea"

Last thing he heard was a slamming door.This gave him the chance to get up from-what seemed to be a very uncomfortable bed-and face his surroundings.The room was dark and surrounded by two glass walls along with a door at the left side.

"What the--ah!"he flinched in pain as the shocking waves of electricity went through his spine"Bloody hell!"

"Oh look,he woke up without eating nutella"the voice from earlier stated.He saw a slim dark skinned woman standing behind one of the glass walls.She was wearing a white robe and her hair were up in a ponytail.Newt was still dizzy from the electrisity but he was able to see the words WCKD on her clothes.Yep,this was definetly not good.

"You almost fried him"the,as it turns out,man yelled at her"Don't tell me you woke up your son like this"

"I'll have you know,Alby woke up six sharp so he was the one waking me up"

"I don't even want to know how your family worked"he mumbled as the woman punched him slightly at the arm.After both of them laughed they turned to Newt.

"How are you feeling,Newt?"

"How am I feeling?"he asked"I don't know who you shanks are but I don't want to have any relations with WCKD"

"I don't think you understand the situation"the woman argued with a serious tone"We are your saviors"

"Saviors?I'm dying"

"Newt"the man began"you were dead"and that was when it all hit him.He remembered everything,he remembered him going crazy and the letter and Thomas.Oh,Tommy...He killed him.Newt made his best friend shoot a bullet at him,he can't believe he did that.But the question was,why was he alive?

"My friend killed me"

"No,your friend shot you"the woman corrected"In fact,he shot you right in the left part of your brain.Your friend shot the Flare out of you"

"So I'm cured?"

"Pretty much,yeah"

"I have to leave this place"

"I'm afraid that can't happen"the man explained"You're property of WCKD and that means you must stay here.It's for your own safety"

Newt felt anger rising inside of him as he slammed his fist against the wall"You can't keep me locked up in here forever"