You can't hide from children

25/7/16
Summary:

Thomas is either losing his mind or finding it.The New Directions are struggling to get by,the Cranks are terrorizing Safe Heaven and two strangers might as well make things worse for the remaining survivors.

Notes:

Title of chapter based on a song called Τι έπαιξα στο Λάυριο(What I played in Lavrio).So the children is actually a symbolism of how naive our characters seem to be when in reality they know what's going on.There is a part that says"How can you hide from children?They know everything"Also when I say Hunter I don't mean Lance Hunter(when and if I mention him I'll refer to him as Lance),but Hunter Clarington.

Songs used for this chapter:
Don't stop believing(piano version) by Glee cast
How to save a life by the Fray

///\\\///\\\

~We live in a dream that squeaks like

The wooden leg of our grandma

But time is real like a small exiled child

But time is real,

It is our old and young son~

D.S

Safe Heaven,23:03 pm

Thomas could never sleep in peace-at least not from what he recalls-and he was used to it.The common reason behind it was no other then the memory of what WCKD was and what it had turned both him and Teresa.However now,it was different,everytime he closed his eyes he would see the dead.

All those poor people who died for him in one way or another would haunt his dreams.No matter how much time was going to pass,Thomas would still flinch when he would see Chuck.He would still try to hold on to Teresa and he would still cry with the sight of Newt's dead body.What was more to say?There were people who wouldn't be affected by these deaths,people who would remain focus on their goals like some kind of robots.But he just wasn't like that.

He struggled every night to close his eyes for just some seconds,and this night was no different,after what seemed like hours he managed to do it.It was peaceful,unlike most of the times,no troubles or worries were interrupting him.Until some seconds or so...

"Tom"he could hear the female voice calling him in the most angelic tone.It was a sound full of love and excitment,both uknown to the boy"Thomas!"

The second time he heard the voice it was more demanding and raw.Thomas' eyelashes felt heavy as he tried to open them.He was no longer in his house in the center of Safe Heaven but in a completly different place.The house around him was big with one more floor-at least that was what he assumed by the stairs-and felt more cozy and hom-y.

"TomTom"the girl's voice was heard again only now,Thomas finally saw where if was coming from.In front of him there was a little girl with brown hair and ocean blue eyes.Her hair were in a ponytail connected with a red bun and she was wearing a matching red dress with white dots below her waist.She didn't appear to be more than 6 frankly.

"Erm--"the boy began mumbling as the little girl cut him off and grabbed something from in front of him.The girl held the mereda bucket possesively as she digged her knife inside it.

"You zoned out again"she stated and started spreading the mereda on her toast"Does this happen with every teenager?Will I get it when I grow up?Maybe you're sick.Do you feel sick?Did som--"