First Day | Fred

requested by BandSuperHeroes

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Emma's POV

I hate this. What school makes you sprint into a wall to get on a train? That's barbaric. I know for a fact Beauxbatons would not even think of making their students do anything like that. 

I miss Beauxbatons. I miss my friends. My professors. The food. Especially the food. But of course, my mother had to get "serious" and "concerned". Concerned about my education and the people I hang out with. So concerned that I have to move schools. If she really cared about me, she would shoot me in the face and leave to die instead of forcing me to move to a completely different country.

My thoughts are cut short by my mother's yelling.

"Emma! Sweetie! Have a nice year! I will see you at the holidays!"

To avoid an angry French mother, I turn around and smile. 

Then sprint into the daunting brick wall.

------------------------------------------------------------

After a very long and very lonely, I might add, train ride, I find myself standing alone in a sea of first years. I am a fourth year, but since I am new, I need to be sorted. In front of the entire school. Marvelous.

We step out into the Great Hall and every head turns towards us. I feel my cheeks heating up. Great. I probably look like a radish. 

Professor McGonagall, I believe her name was, leads us up to a set of stairs. On the landing is a stool with a very old and tattered looking witch's hat. 

Me, along with every other first year, jump to the sound and sight of the hat clearing it's throat. Then it starts to sing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Kid after kid gets called up. 

"Ravenclaw! Gryffindor!"

Names and houses being called left and right. 

"Toussaint, Emma!"

Fantastic.

I stumble up to the stool and hesitantly sit down. Professor McGonagall plops the hat onto my head. A voice begins speaking to me. 

"Yes, yes. New bait. I see. Beauxbatons. Lovely place. Good food. Hmm. Yes. I know. Hufflepuff!"

A table filled with students of all ages practically blew up. I walked down and sat down in an empty seat. A few people said hello, a couple shook my hand. After an agonizing half hour of attempting to look friendly and not like I would rather not be here, the entire hall is dismissed and we are led to the common room.

--------------------------------------------------------------

These halls are so confusing. I've been stumbling around for what seems like forever trying to find the Charms classroom. I turn a corner and immediately run into a tall figure, dropping my books. 

"Oh. I'm sorry."

I quickly bend down to retrieve my stuff only to bump heads with the same guy. 

Laughing, I stand up and take a look at him. He's tall with red hair and a heavily freckled face. 

"Sorry for bumping into you and hurting your head. Are you alright?"

"Yes, thank you."

He bends down and swiftly picks up my books and gives them to me.

"I'm Fred."

Taking his hand, I return the cheeky smile.

"I'm Emma."

"Well Emma. I hope we see more of eachother."

And with that cheeky smile, he turns around and leaves me there, stunned.

Maybe Hogwarts won't be so bad after all.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N So, this is my first time writing on the computer. Normally I write on my phone, just because it's easier and more convenient. How does it look? I feel like it looks terrible. Also, I wasn't really feeling this one. I think it started out very iffy and got a bit better. Anyways, I can definitely rewrite it when I actually feel like a good writer if you want. 

Also, I would really like more preference ideas so if you could maybe give me some ideas, I would love you forever <3 thank you