Neville Longbottom Imagine Part 3: Alternate Ending #2

Neville's POV
I could see her, huddled in a corner, looking frightened as ever. Bellatrix turned to us and laughed; I realized what see was about to do.

"Y/N!"

"Crucio!"

Y/N's body went limp. My whole body went numb. Then rage engulfed me. I sprinted towards the evil witch as fast as I could, pulling out my wand in the process.

"Stupefy!"

My spell didn't work as expected, but I had been successful in catching her off guard. Bellatrix gave me a smirk and flew away in a dark cloud.

Turning towards Y/N, my heart sunk. She was still unconscious. I quickly made my way over to her.

"Y/N? Baby come one. We have to go."

I shook her.

"C'mon Y/N. Please."

My heart began to speed up. What if she was... no. I shook her some more.

"Neville? What happened?"

I wrapped her up in a bear hug, overjoyed she wasn't dead. Tears were spilling over my cheeks ruthlessly. I watched as she attempted to stand up, with no avail. She cringed. Something was wrong. Making my decision, I scooped her up and turned to the others.

"We need to get her to Mungo"'s. Now."

Sirius walked over to me, held my arm, and apparated. I could hear the whimpering of Y/N.

*********************************************

We got to Mungo's quickly. Fresh tears sprang to my eyes as I took in the scene. Nothing was wrong, but I remember coming here every weekend. Hoping my parents would be better. They never were.

We walked up to a friendly looking nurse and she whisked us away while she took Y/N.

*********************************************
5 Years Later
Neville's POV
I crunched the cool grass under my fingertips and turned my head over to my wife. Five years ago, she was attacked. She suffered many broken bones and wouldn't go out of the house for months.

"Neville?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"Thank you. Without you I wouldn't be here right now. Sitting in this meadow with you."

I felt my cheeks grow rosy.

"Yes you would. You're a fighter Y/N."

I gently placed my hand in hers and relaxed into the ground.

"The stars are very beautiful tonight."

"Yes darling. They are."