George Imagine for @alissaford6

Alissa's POV
George and I have been going out for a few months. At first, it was very awkward. Not because of us, but because of my brother.

Harry is younger than me, but that didn't stop him from chaperoning all the time. Now he's a bit more lenient, not fully, but just enough so George and I can have some alone time.

George is a really great boyfriend. He reminds me every single day of how beautiful I am and how much he loves me. Lately, he hasn't talked to me much. Mostly it's a quiet hello between classes in the halls or a quick peck on the cheek in the common room.

I'm not gonna lie, I am a tad bit suspicious. When he thinks I'm not looking, he stares at me. In a desperate kind of way.

My friend Mary strides up to the Gryffindor table as I'm lost in my thoughts.

"Hey! What kind of dreamland are you in right now? I've been yelling for you!"

"Sorry. Just a little worried."

"About what?"

"George. He hasn't been himself lately. He never talks to me or makes any effort to engage in some kind of conversation."

"You don't think he-"

"No. I-I mean. He wouldn't. Would he?"

She rubs circles on my back gently, trying to bring down my stress levels.

"No of course he wouldn't! He loves you so much. He would be an idiot to throw that away. You have nothing to worry about."

Mary sighs and gets up to leave, saying a quick bye and muttering something about finding a date.

"Crap!"

The Yule Ball. I completely forgot. Gathering my things, I run out of the Great Hall. The ball isn't a big deal for me, but for Mary.... it's a completely different story. I promised her I would help find her a date weeks ago.

I turn the corner only to run into a tall figure. Looking up, I realize it's just George.

"Hey Alissa."

"Hello."

"Can I talk to you?"

My heart starts beating faster. He's going to break up with me.

I nod my head and he leads me into an empty classroom.

He's found someone better. He wants to be with her and not me.

"I know I haven't been speaking to you a lot. I do have a good reason though."

I raise my sea blue eyes to meet his.

"Alissa. I know this shouldn't be a big problem, but it has been. I've wanted to ask you for awhile. Fred said I should just assume we're going together, but Lee told me I should ask and I didn't know what to do. Anyways, will you go to the ball with me?"

*********************************************

"Alissa you look gorgeous!"

After saying yes to George's question, I raced to the tower and found Mary. I expected her to be crying or furious with me, but she was giggling and smiling so wide, I didn't know it was possible.

A guy named Austin, whom she has liked forever, had asked her moments after our encounter in the Great Hall.

I told her everything. Now we're getting ready for the ball.

My sleek brown hair is in a milkmaid braid with small tufts of hair framing my face. Mary did natural makeup on my face which perfectly matches my long, silver dress.

We stand there admiring eachother for a moment then I'm pulled into a bone-crushing hug. A giggle escapes both of our lips as she lets me go.

"Let's go knock their socks off."

*********************************************

Austin and George were talking to eachother when Mary and I walked down the stairs to our dates. Both of them stared at us in awe. After the somewhat awkward introductions, we went into the hall.

The time flew by and before I could register the night, George and I were holding eachother and dancing to the very last song. Of course it's a slow song.

He pulls away and just stares at me.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to come with me."

"Of course. I would have gone with you even if you hadn't asked."

We continue dancing closely, every so often, he would whisper sweet things in my ear that would make me blush madly. I look up at him.

"Thank you for spending this night with me; it was perfect."