Goodbye Amari {Epilogue}

Epilogue

As soon as Caden was told he could visit Amari that was the first thing he did. She was asleep, but breathing, and she was fine. That brought more comfort to Caden than anything else in the world ever could.

He had traded the plastic uncomfortable chair in the waiting room for an equally uncomfortable chair that was placed at the bottom of Amari's hospital bed.

She looked peaceful as slept like nothing had ever hurt her.

The doctor was in the room and Caden resisted asking a hundred questions about how she was. She was fine and that was enough for him.

Out of nowhere the Doctor chuckled and spoke up.

"This situation is kinda funny you know." He said.

Caden looked over at him to see he had not taken his eyes off the monitor.

No.. he had no idea how to look at this as funny. A crazy man was still out there (who ever Anthony worked for) and if Caden ever crosses paths with the man who ordered the death of two of his partners; Let's just say it would make Caden look like he was gentle with Anthony.

"How so." Caden wondered, containing his anger for now.

"Was she in a car crash too?" He joked.

Caden could only assume he was joking about the fact he was his doctor at one point but the joke just made him angry.

He had clenched his fist and stood to his feet trying so hard to stay calm.

"No she wasn't and nothing is funny about this!" Caden snapped.

The doctor put up his hands.

"Hey I'm sorry I just thought it was ironic." The Doctor sincerely apologized.

Caden sat back down and with a sigh calmed himself.

"I'm sorry too, I guess I was a little short tempered for a minute, it's just been a long night. Just how is this ironic?" Caden felt him and the doctor were not on the same page.

"That it's reversed this time." The Doctor said, holding no grudge against him for snapping a minute ago.

Caden became confused.

"What do you mean?" Caden questioned, suddenly lost.

The doctor finally turned to face him also confused now, like Caden should have easily be able to tell what he was talking about.

"You don't remember having a car crash a few years ago and being here?" The Doctor did not understand.

"Of course I remember but what does that have to do with her? She never came and saw me." Caden told him, figuring he had mistaken her for someone else; Maybe Samantha or Pamela.

The Doctor barely smiled at Caden, not like he was unhappy, but the kind that showed sympathy or understanding.

"You never found out who saved you from that crash did you?" He asked, already knowing the answer, but asking anyway.

The question acted as an answer and the two were silent as they both looked over at Amari sleeping.

"She did visit you Rogers. Just not while you were awake. After you woke up and were fine she could leave with a peaceful mind." The Doctor felt happy he got to tell him.

Caden was left surprised.

Who would have thought it would turn out to be her who saved him? That they had crossed paths once before they became partners.