Running Late

Chapter 12

**2015 July**

Caden had made a total wreak of his apartment. His nerves were on edge today and he could just not seem to cope with the idea of being late.

"Ah ha!" Caden said in victory.

He finally found his keys. Some times he was sure someone snuck into his apartment and put his keys somewhere crazy just to mess with him.

Not wasting anymore time Caden jerked his apartment door shut and ran to his car. He might have been speeding but he did not want to be any later then he was. It was just a horrible day for that. Today he was getting assigned a new partner. More like meeting his new partner. He was nervous enough he didn't want to be late to add to his nerves. He felt first impressions were everything.

Caden had lost Victoria two months ago today. He still missed her, still felt the urge to call her, but for the most part he was alright now, back to his positive self.

He pulled into his work parking lot and his tires screeched as he came to a sudden stop in his parking spot.

He swing open his car door only to hear a loud thud. Caden quickly jumped out to see he had knocked a woman down with his door.

He shut the door and helped her up.

"I am so sorry." Caden apologized.

She smiled and shrugged it off.

"Hey no worries!" The woman said happily.

"Thanks I'm just running kinda late and should probably have been paying more attention." Caden admitted.

"Hey me too. I'm also running late and it's my first day." She admitted sheepishly.

"I'm Caden by the way."

He extended his hand. She looked him up and down.

"You wouldn't happen to be Caden Rogers would you?" She wondered shaking his hand.

He looked back with the same expression.

"You wouldn't happen to be Ms. Palmer would you?"

She smiled brightly. "Indeed you are!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"I'm Tammy! We're partners now." She said.

He smiled back. "It's a pleasure to meet you Tammy."

She had a very bright out-going personality. She had long curly light blonde hair and dark browns eyes that matched perfectly. She was about 5 ft 6. All of her clothes were very bright and vibrant colors.

"We should probably get to work before Rivers fires us." Caden said.

"I agree. I don't think getting fired on your first day would look very good on any record." Tammy joked.

Caden chuckled. He opened the door for her and followed right behind when she entered.

From what he read she was only twenty-two and he couldn't help but wonder.. What was a happy, fun spirited, young girl like her doing working for a company like them?

"Good morning." Daniella greeted.

"Good morning." Caden greeted back like always.

"She was nice." Tammy noted happily.

"That's kind of her job." Caden admitted.

He was not trying to think anything low of Daniella he was just stating his thoughts.