Trust Can Be Strong

Chapter 31

It's amazing how strong trust can be. Some times it's stronger than stone, other times it is weak as glass, but on both cases a weight heavy enough can break both. The stone will be able to withhold more weight before breaking, but if your constantly pushing your luck that stone will have a pressure to strong one day.. and it will break.

Caden was surprised how he still had the trust of the workers around him. He was still surprised he was known as a hero at work. He was most surprised he still had the trust of Samantha. He knew it must have rattled her trust but she did not show any sign of it. He admired her for that.

Caden and Samantha were putting things into her new office. She said it needed a few decorations. She talked to Anderson and he saw no issue with letting her decorate. Caden agreed to help but thought her office was fine.

"You probably won't be in here offten anyway Sam." Caden told her, as he placed a big leafy plant in the corner.

Samantha was standing on a small table against the right wall, hanging up a painting. Her office was the same size as his but her office was not close to his like his other partner's had been.

"My office doesn't have nice furniture though. I want it to look at least a little nice while I am in here though." Samantha explained, stepping off of the table carefully.

"Ok." Caden agreed, seeing no reason not to make her office a little more colorful.

Caden hung another painting on the opposite wall from the other one expect he did not need a table to stand on. They had already placed a nail there so he knew where she wanted it. The paintings were of random outdoor scenes but all very beautiful and well painted.

As Caden let the painting go and waited to make sure it did not fall he noticed the signature in the corner. The frame blocked it off partly but the same signature was on a painting at his house. Tammy had painted these. The thought brought back that slight hurt he always felt when thinking of her.

He looked away and over at Samantha who truly acted and looked a lot like her sister. She was just a little more shy. Samantha threw the extra nails and hammer into a random desk drawer. She placed a picture frame on her desk and had it turned to where she could see it instead of the people who walked in.

Caden walked to the side of the desk so he could see the picture. It was of her, Tammy, and her brothers. They did not look any different, maybe just a little younger, Tammy looked around college age, and Samantha was wearing glasses in the photo. It was hard to tell what was fully going on from one frozen moment. Samantha was holding something in her hands and Danny appeared to be trying to take it from her. Tammy had wrapped her arms around Jackson in a forced hug from behind and he seemed to be trying to get away from her. No matter what they were actually doing it was clear they were all laughing, with big smiles on their faces. Sam noticed him studying the picture and thought she would clear things up for him.

"That was the day Jackson was hired at ARRO."

Caden listened but he still looked at the picture.

"He had just gotten his badge and we all wanted to see it. Tammy was giving him a congratulations hug but he was acting like a typical brother."

Caden laughed at the comment. Brothers really do love their sisters. They just do not always act like it.

"I had basically snatched his badge from him and Danny was trying to snatch it away from me." Samantha explained.

She was silent now and just smiled at the picture. Caden could not help but look at Tammy. In that moment she had no idea what the future held for her, no one really does know though do they? He liked to remember her so happy. Then he looked over at Samantha in the picture. She was his new partner. He could not dwell on Tammy, that was not fair to Sam. He would not forgot her but she can not be his main focus. Samantha needed his focus to keep her safe.