Someone New

Chapter 8

Caden gladly drove to work the next day. He couldn't lie, he was happy to see Victoria again today. Plus it was payday and what is not good about that? He parked where he always did. As he entered the building Daniella smiled and told him good morning.

"Good morning." Caden happily said back. He was in a good mood today. He walked to his office and unlocked the door. As he stepped inside he noticed a white envelope that literally had his name written on it.

He opened it up to take a look at his check. He noticed something odd about his pay though. It was way more than he was expecting. He had to read over the name it was addressed to a few times to really make sure it was for him. Anderson had raised his pay.

At first he wondered if Anderson was pranking him. They did like to do that to each other. Maybe this was all a trick!

Caden laughed at how paranoid he was being. It would be easiest just to talk to him. So he did so and walked to his office, nor bothering to knock. He walked in to see Anderson looking through stacks of papers on his desk.

"You raised my pay." Caden stated but it seemed more like a question.

Anderson simply nodded as he continued to lift papers. Caden did wonder what he was looking for.

"If this was about me saying I needed a raise I was just joking." Caden explained, feeling kind of bad if he took it seriously when he said that.

Anderson stopped looking and shook his head. "Nope. You've worked here for awhile and deserve a new paycheck. You would have realized that at the party last week if you didn't leave early." Anderson told him. 

"Well thanks Rivers." Caden said.

Anderson was quiet and nodded again. He went back to staring at his files curiously. He clearly wanted a certain one. Caden took this as his chance to leave. What could Anderson possible be looking for that is worth sorting through over 300 papers. He was almost at his office again when someone called him.

"Caden!" He heard his name. It was an all to familiar voice to be forgotten.

He turned to see Victoria jogging over to him. When she stood in front of him she smiled which made him only want to smile back.

"Good morning Caden." She greeted.

"Good morning to you too Tori." He said.

"So my sister was busy today and there is someone I want you to meet." Victoria said shyly. She looked to the side when she said that unable to keep eye contact.

"Who?" Caden wondered.

Victoria simply smiled. "They are in my office with Pamela. She is such a nice person." Victoria spoke her mind. They started walking toward her office.

"Pamela?" Caden wanted to make sure he knew who she was talking about.

Victoria nodded. Her office was not far so it did not take long to get there. When she opened the door Caden instantly noticed the little girl sitting in the chair swinging her feet restlessly. Caden could not stop the growing smile on his face. By the similarity between the two  he knew this had to be Addison.

"Anderson said he didn't mind if I brought her to work today and Pamela kindly offered to watch her if we had any missions." Victoria explained.

"Oh it is no problem she is so adorable." Pamela said.

She stood from her seat and since she was wearing heels she was the same hight as Caden. He had to admit he didn't like her almost being taller than him. Heels looked nice on her though.