Movie Night

Chapter 27

"Caden would you hurry up and answer the door?" Valerie knocked again.

The door then suddenly swung open.

"Your gonna wake up my neighbors!" Caden scolded.

"It's five in the afternoon." Valerie looked around, not seeing any angery people.

"The guy who's right next to me works the graveyard shift at his work so he sleeps during the afternoon." Caden explained, finally stepping out of the way to let her in.

Valerie frowned.

"I'm sorry." She barely whispered.

She stepped into Caden's cozy apartment and made herself at home, kicking off her boots. She was always jealous of Caden's place. It had such a homey feel to it.

"So what did you get us to eat?" Valerie asked

"Pizza that defiantly wasn't bought frozen." Caden winked at her.

She smiled and rolled her eyes.

"What did you get to watch?" Caden wondered.

Valerie held up a transparent case with a movie disk inside. She rented it from a local moive rental place.

"Hope you like horror." She said.

"I don't." Caden told her seriously.

She frowned. "Well maybe I don't like forzen pizza that tastes like cardboard." She crossed her arms after saying that.

Caden then just started laughing.

"I'm kidding Val, I love horror movies." He assuered her.

Her arms fell back to her side and her checks turned pink from embarrassment. It was not everyday Valerie was actually embarrassed over something she said. It was just because she snapped at him for no reason .

"Oh- Uh- Well in that case I love cardboard pizza." She told him with a nervous smile.

He chuckled  at the comment.

"Would you like me to order you one from a pizza place or something?" Caden asked, picking up his cellphone.

"No!" Valerie told him quickly, snatching the phone from his hands.

He rolled his eyes at her being unable to make up her mind.

She sat the phone down on a table and walked into his kitchen with him.

The pizza actually did not look half bad. It was suppose to be pepperoni but all the pepperoni's have been moved to one side. Valerie smiled seeing this since Caden must have remember that she hated pepperoni's.

She took a slice from her side and Caden took a piece from his side.

They walked over to his couch and Caden put the movie she rented in. It was said to be two hours long.

Caden sat down on the couch and Valerie scooted closer to him. She had her legs crisscrossed and when she finished her slice of pizza she rested her head on his shoulder as they watched the movie.
-----------------------------------------
They watched the first thirty minutes of the move before they became distracted by their own conversation. The girl in the movie was just about to go downstairs into the basement to look for her friend. No surprise to anyone watching she instead found a killer.

"I would not die before you!" Caden insisted.

"You just went in a creepy basement like two days ago. I know you Caden, you would be the person to go looking for his friend." Valerie told him.