Search Team

Chapter 14

It was seven o'clock in the morning. Anderson had done a great job at putting together a team. Caden was not in charge of the search which he was honestly grateful for and neither was Tammy. He was also grateful for that.

Tammy was wide awake as normal and Caden was just slightly less awake but not completely tired.

It was cold out today so everyone wore warm clothing.

They were all standing in the ARRO armory planning who would go where.

Caden honestly wasn't paying much attention to who was talking because he was looking at Tammy.

Why did she suddenly become so interesting you might ask?

She had a look of determination in her eyes that Caden had to stop and admire. For once she wasn't smiling and it was easily noticeable how intently she was listening.

It then occurred to Caden he should probably be listening too before he gets in trouble or doesn't know what their suppose to be doing.

"Rogers!" His name was sternly called

*Uh oh.* Caden thought.

Perhaps it was a bit too late.

"Yes?" Caden asked with an awkward tone, feeling he had been caught.

"You and Palmer will search downtown around the arcade. Check around the streets and nearby shoppes to see if anyone has heard or seen anything." The agent in command informed.

Caden sighed a sigh of relief without realizing it. He felt lucky he wasn't caught not listening.. This time that is.

The agents split up and Tammy and Caden drove to their location. They get until lunch time to search. Then they get to take a break to eat.

They began their walk down the street keeping an open eye.

Caden had his holster, and his handgun of course, hidden under his jacket but Tammy's was easily seen on her hip.

It was quiet and Tammy being the morning person she is wanted to talk.

"So Caden-" She made sure to have his attention.

He glanced over at her interested in what she wanted to say, even if it was only small talk.

"Have you been on a lot of search teams?"

"I thought you read about all of my missions?" Caden wondered why she asked.

"Not all! Just mostly all.." Tammy admitted, mumbling the last part, though Caden heard her fine.

The two laughed and it really did feel good to laugh.

"Well then you would know." Caden reminded her.

"Ok, ok, yes I really do know I'm just trying make conversation." Tammy told him.

He smiled at her.

"Then allow me." He said.

"Ok I'm listening." She told him, happy to see him talking. It was a pretty big deal for someone who wasn't a morning person.

"Since you basically know everything about me could I ask a few questions about you?" He was being polite and asking first.

"Of course!" Tammy beamed.

She seemed happy he took an interest in what she was like outside of work.

"First question, why have you read so much about me?" Caden has always wondered.