Day Off

Chapter 6

Caden has his alarm set to wake him up everyday and he forgot to turn it off so Caden woke up at 7:30am this morning. He moaned hearing the loud noise. He really wasn't a morning person but work required him to come in early so that's why his alarm was set to that. He pressed snooze and it didn't work.

Caden put a pillow over his ear and pressed it again. Realizing the button no longer worked from being so old he nearly knocked it off his dresser turning the alarm off for good.

Well now he was wide awake so he threw his pillow on the other side of his bed and sat up. Caden rubbed the back of his neck with his right hand. It felt stiff from staying in one position to long. Caden then remembered he was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday and had forgotten to take his wrist watch off. Caden just now pulled it off and his wrist was red and the design of his watch was now on his skin from how it cut off his circulation. He placed his watch on his nightstand and took a shower.

When he was done he put on casual clothing and by this time his wrist was back to it's normal looking color. He put a piece of bread in his toaster and made some coffe. He sat down in his living room and turned on the TV while he waited. Caden didn't really care to watch the news often. He liked to know the wether but he could check that on his phone. It's not that he didn't want to know what's going on out in the world, it was just the fact it's 90% about stories about missing people, robberies, killers finally caught. It was depressing some times. If he didn't have to see that kind of thing at work he wouldn't mind but sadly he did. He's had to see recuse missions gone wrong and it's all he can do to keep himself from being effected by it. Caden was ok though. He truly was. It hasn't taken a tole on him yet and Caden wasn't going to let it ever, or at least that's what he has tells himself.

Nothing good was really on at seven in the morning. Just a bunch of talk shows and cartoons for three year olds. For about fifteen minutes Caden was watching how to cook cheap meals. Not like he actually cooked anyway.

*Ding*

Caden got up and got his toast. He spread butter over it and then cut his toaster off. His coffee was done about the same time so he made him a cup, and that's what Caden had for breakfast.

Some time in the afternoon Caden was on his balcony looking out. Not many people were out because it was monday. Most people were at work today. He was sure most people would want to be out on the town for their day off but normally Caden stayed home, because when you're out everywhere all week it's nice to relax at home for a change. He took a deep breath enjoying the calmness for once. His fingers had already healed from the other day expect for a few scratches left. Then heard his phone ringing from inside and went to find it. His phone was still in his jacket and he quickly answered before whoever it was hung up.

"Rogers." He answered formally.

"Hey Caden it's Victoria." She told him.

Caden had suddenly smiled.

"Hey Tori." He greeted her.

"My sister offered to babysit tonight and I was wondering if you maybe wanna go get something to eat tonight?" Victoria asked.

Caden was getting ready to accept but before he could she spoke again.

"You know as friends!" Victoria said nervously.

Not wanting her to feel bad Caden kept himself from laughing at her nervous attitude. In the background he heard female laughter. A quiet voice told them to stop. Caden assumed that was her sister in the background and Victoria told her to stop.

"Of course. That would be nice." Caden accepted. Even though he couldn't see her he could hear in her voice that Victoria was now smiling.

"Great! Six at the little diner on crystal avenue?" She suggested.