Sorry I haven’t emailed you much, it’s been pretty wild here! California is great but I miss you guys a lot. The people here are really nice though and I’ve made lots of friends which is good, I don’t think Tammy would have liked it if I was pestering her all the time :P I’ve even been on a date! :O but I think I like somebody else... I will keep you updated though!

Hugs and kisses,

Mia x

P.S Please let grams know that I am NOT pregnant ;)

                                                                                         * * *

“You told him you were a lesbian?!” Tammy cried laughing hysterically.

“Technically I told him my sister was a lesbian” I corrected her smiling at her obvious amusement. We were currently at the diner having a milkshake and she insisted I tell her all the details of my date last night. And to my misfortune, she’s still going on about it.

“Oh my god, I wish I was there!” She abided holding her side where she had been laughing too hard.

I took a long sip of my strawberry milkshake until she finally calmed down. “Well I’m glad you find my embarrassment amusing”

“I’m sorry, but wow, Mia, you really need a mouth filter” she said, shaking her head.

“I know, right!” That really would have been useful last night. “Speaking of dates; you still haven’t told me about that guy you left the party with!”

As Tammy opened her mouth to reply, she abruptly snapped it shut again, her eyes locked onto something behind me suddenly.

I looked at her sceptically “If you’re trying to change the subject...” I trailed off when I realised she wasn’t actually listening.

Tammy was still staring behind me so I waved my hand in front of her face, hoping to try and regain her attention.

Failing, I began to turn my seat to get a look at whatever it was that had caught her eye. Before I got very far, she looked back at me her eyes wide with confusion and suspicion.

She leant forward on her elbows slightly. “So, um what did Lux say to you last night?” She asked casually, as if trying to figure something out.

You’re mine Amelia” I quoted doing a terrible impression of his voice. At her silence I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. “Wait, why? What’s wrong?” I sputtered quickly before turning around in the booth to see what she had been looking it.

“Wait, Mia-”

But before Tammy could finish I turned around to see what had gotten her so mixed up. “What were you lookin-”

I didn’t get to finish my sentence when I was rendered speechless at something at the back of the diner, or more accurately someone.

Hurt. That’s the first feeling that went through me, jealousy being a close second until it all came down to anger. Hot, raw anger. There, in a booth a couple of rows away from mine and Tammy’s, was Lux in an intimate embrace with a very pretty brunette girl. 

Is this guy for real? He had the audacity to claim me as his, and then he had the nerve to fuck someone after he had kissed me?! That’s it – I can’t do this anymore! I am not one of his booty calls he can just mess around and I will not let him ruin my senior year.

I look back at Tammy who is watching me warily. “I think I’m gonna go” I say standing up and heading straight for the doors, not waiting to hear her reply. I just need to get away from him, it’s too confusing and I can’t think straight.