Chapter 30

Sam POV

I'd been dreading this day for the past two weeks: the day the guys left for tour.

The boys spent the last night at home with their family. Michael and I went to see his parents for most of the day before going to visit mine. Zoe was there with Chase since they were dating now. *Cough cough* assholes.

He glared at Michael the whole time. He asked to hold Daniel at one point, but I refused to let him near my son.

We went back to the house after that to spend the final with just the three of us. It was bittersweet.

-

I was woken up by my alarm going off at five the next morning. My stomach was filled with unease knowing what was happening today.

"Babe, wake up," I said and shook Michael's shoulder.

"Five more minutes," he grumbled.

"Michael, you have to get there early so you can catch your flight. I need to get myself and Daniel ready," I said.

"Can we just have one more cuddle?" He asked.

"Five minutes, but that's it.l

He immediately pulled me back down and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Your hair smells good," he said.

"Shut up," I said and snuggled closer to him.

-

We were all waiting for the guys to go through security. Luke had pulled me into a giant hug and the same went for Ashton and Calum.

"Don't miss us too much," Calum said.

"Why would I? I hate you," I said.

"But I thought you loved me," he said and fake pouted.

"No. She loves me," Michael said. Calum pressed his hand against his chest.

"My heart, my soul," he said.

"Stop it," I said and pulled him in for another hug. Michael gave Daniel to his mum and turned to me.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I mean, you guys went on tour for three months. This one's only a few months longer. It'll be fine," I said.

"Good. I love you so much," he said and pulled me in for a long kiss.

There was a sharp scream, and cries emanated from a few feet away.

"I think he wants his mother," Karen said and gave Daniel back to me.

"I'm going to miss you both so much," Michael said and messed with Daniel's hair. It had become a habit of his.

"Try not to miss us too much. Have fun on tour," I said.

"Will you be here when I get back?" He asked.

"Of course. Besides, this little guy would want to see you."

Daniel looked at me confused.

"I love you two so much. I promise I'll come right home after the tour," Michael said.

"Good. You better go with the guys. I'll see you when you come back. I love you."

"I love you, too. Bye, buddy," Michael said to Daniel.

"Bye, Daddy!" Daniel said, waving his little hand at his father.

Michael gave me one final kiss before going to security. I stayed where I was until he was out of sight. Daniel looked at me.

"Where Daddy?" He asked.

"He's going around the world with your uncles to play music. Remember how they play the toy with strings," I said, trying to make it easier for him to understand.

"Oh," he said and yawned.

"I think it's time we get you home. We can go to the park later," I said, but he was already asleep.

I walked out of the airport and headed to my car. As I turned the key in the ignition, my phone alerted me about a text from Michael.

Mikeyy: I have to shut my phone off now. I'll call u when we land. Love you xx

Sammy: Love you too. Be safe. See you when you get home

I sighed and pulled out of the airport parking lot. I was happy the guys got to do this. I really was. But I couldn't shake this sinking feeling that one day, it might not be alright.