Chapter 18

Today was my first day of school without any of the boys here.

---

Sam POV

I decided to get up earlier than usual and got ready fast. I opened the door to Zoe's room and heard that she was still in the shower. I ran downstairs and took the car keys off their hook. Zoe would have to walk today or get a ride from one of her friends.

I fiddled with the radio button on the wheel. I stopped at a station that wasn't just static.

"Today we're here with 5 Seconds of Su-"

I turned off the radio completely. I'd rather drive in silence.

-

I never thought the day would come when I would be spending my lunch in the library. Alone. I wished I had other friends besides the guys. Now I had no one to sit with at lunch. I wasn't a very social person.

Someone sat down across from me. I looked up to find the deepest shade of brown eyes staring back at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"I just came to say hi and see why you were all alone. You look like you could use someone to talk to," he said.

"My friends ditched me to go on tour, and I don't talk to anyone else here. I'm not what you would call a people person," I said.

"I know the feeling. I'm not much of a people person either," he said.

"Are you sure? You seem like you're good with having a conversation with someone you don't even know," I said.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Samantha, but my friends call me Sam."

"See. I know something about you. I'm Chase. I work for the school newspaper," he said.

"Interesting. What do you write about?" I asked.

"Anything that catches my eye. This might be a bit bold, but how would you like to go out on a date with me tonight?" He asked.

I stopped for a second. I had to think about it for a minute. What would I do if the guys were there? Would I say yes?

Oh, well. What did I have to lose?

"Sure," I said.

"Pick you up at seven?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'll give you my number, so I can text you my address," I said.

He handed me his phone, and I gave him mine. Maybe the next few months wouldn't be so bad.

-

I finished getting ready for my date and looked myself over.

I was wearing a blue dress with an open back. It hugged my curves but wasn't too tight in certain places. It ended just above my knees. Two bracelets adorned my wrist along with a pendant around my neck.

My hair was in loose waves thanks to my cousin, who came over at my request and also did my makeup. I finished off the look with a pair of stilettos.

The doorbell rang. I ran to get it, nearly falling on my face in the process. Chase stood there in a nice suit with his hair slicked back.

"Oh, my god," he said when I opened the door.

"What? Is it too much?" I asked, playing with my bracelets.