Chapter 4

Today was just another normal day with me hanging out with the guys. Also, I learned that Luke is delusional.

---

Sam's POV

I was getting ready to go to Ashton's when Zoe walked in.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I asked and threw a shirt on.

"If you didn't want anyone to walk in, you should've locked the door," she said.

I rolled my eyes and continued to get my stuff together. I grabbed my phone charger, knowing one of the boys would forget theirs.

"If I didn't want anyone to walk in, I would've shut the door. Oh, wait. I did."

"You're so funny when you try to be sarcastic," she taunted. "Anyway, are you going out with your friends today?"

"No. I'm just getting dressed and packing clothes so I can stay home."

"Well, you could've said it without the attitude."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. She looked me up and down before scrunching her nose and leaving. I picked up my phone and texted Ashton.

Sam: When are you going to get here?

Drummer boy: Right around the corner

I grabbed my stuff and headed downstairs. A car beeped from outside.

"Mum, I'm going to Ashton's!" I yelled.

I walked outside and closed the door behind me. He beeped again as I went around the other side of the car, and I flipped him off. Heavy metal music played on the radio when I got in the passenger seat.

"The guys are already at my place. They're just waiting for us to get there," he said.

"Well, let's get out of here before Zoe's friends show up, or Luke yells at us for being late."

"Yeah, he's kind of a butt about that," he laughed as he started driving.

"A butt? You mean an ass?"

"Hey, no swearing in my car," he said, pointing a finger at me.

"It's not a swear, Ash."

"You shouldn't swear, I'm trying not to because when I have kids, I don't want them to pick up the habit."

"Ashton, you're still in high school. You may be in year twelve but you still have to go to college. Why are you talking about kids?"

"Because ten years from now when I'm married and have two children, I'm going to look back on this and think how glad I am I don't swear. Michael's kids are gonna be screwed," he laughed.

"You mean they're gonna be fuck-"

"Don't you dare, or I will make you walk to my house," he warned.

"Okay, okay. Chill," I said. "And yeah, his kid's first word will probably be a swear."

"I don't doubt it."

"We have such little faith in him, don't we?" I asked jokingly.

"Nah, I've got a lot of faith in him. He'll be okay," Ashton replied. "You know, you two would make some pretty cute kids."

"What?" I practically screamed.

He accidentally started to swerve into the next lane, earning a chorus of beeps from another car. He shouted his apologies and turned to me.

"Jesus, what are you trying to do? Make me go deaf?"

"I'm sorry. You just caught me off guard. Are Michael and I having kids? That's crazy," I told him.