Chapter 25

Michael POV

I sat in a chair next to Sam's bed in the hospital room. She was asleep, exhausted from not getting any sleep and being in labor. Our son was also asleep in my arms. He had little tufts of blonde hair on his head.

"In a few days, we can take you home and you can do nothing all day. Just like me. I love you, buddy," I said and kissed his head.

He let out a small yawn and opened his eyes. They were green like mine. He started to cry, but I quieted him down. He stared up at me curiously.

There was a light knock on the door and it slowly opened.

"Hey," Luke said as he walked in with the guys behind him.

"Hi," I said and looked back down at my son.

"Can we see him?" Calum asked.

I stood up and turned around. They started gushing like teenage girls.

"He's so adorable. Are you sure he's your son?" Luke said.

"Shut up, Hemmings," I said, and he laughed.

"What's his name?" Ashton asked.

"Daniel," I said.

There was movement on the bed behind me. I turned around and saw Sam sitting up. I gave Daniel to Luke.

"Hey, beautiful," I said and kissed her forehead.

"Hi, Mikey," she said sleepily.

"Sam, your son is the most adorable baby I've ever seen," Luke said, eyes glued on the baby. 

"You told them his name, didn't you?" Sam asked.

"I couldn't wait," I said, sending her a grin.

"I figured you'd do that. It's fine," she said.

Daniel started crying, and she sighed.

"Give me my child, Hemmings," she said and took him from Luke.

"I want a baby now," Calum said.

"No!" We all yelled at him.

The door opened again. Zoe entered the room and smiled at everyone.

"Hey, Sam. Someone's here to see you," she said and moved aside to show Sam's mum.

Sam POV

My mum was here. She came to see her grandson. Nine months of no contact and she decided to show up.

"Hi, Sammy," she said and stood awkwardly in the doorway.

"Mum," I said, tears instantly forming in my eyes. 

The last time we hadn't been on good terms, but right now I was at my most vulnerable. I just went through unimaginable pain to have this baby, and all I really wanted was my mom. I gave Daniel to Michael and opened my arms. She ran over and put hers around me.