Chapter 26

Sam POV

"The diaper bag has an extra formula and his nappies. There's already a premade bottle. It just needs to be heated up. Make sure he doesn't drink too much or-"

"Sam, relax. I got this," Zoe said and took Daniel from me.

"Are you sure? I can take him with me if-"

"Samantha, stop. I'll take good care of him," she said.

"Okay. I'll see you later, buddy," I said and tickled Daniel's chin.

He smiled and it made me want to snatch him back.

"Well, I should go. The guys are waiting for me. Take good care of my son," I said as I walked back to my car.

"I will," Zoe said and shut the door behind her.

-

I helped Michael load the boxes with our things into the car when I got back to his house. I was sitting on his bed with the last box next to me.

I looked around the room, remembering everything that happened. We made so many memories within these four walls.

I traced my finger along the crack in the wall from when Michael and I were play-fighting and we both knocked into the wall. He apologized over and over until I yelled at him to stop.

There was a little nook where we would cuddle, wrapped up in our blankets, and watch movies on his laptop.

I remembered all the cuddle days, the long conversations, video game battles, and movie marathons.

It was in this room that I fell in love with him.

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist from behind. I turned around and leaned into Michael's chest.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Everything. We have so many great memories here. I can't believe we're moving into our own house. Well, not necessarily our own, but you know what I mean," I said.

"I do. I'm going to miss this place," he said and kissed me.

I felt his hot breath on my neck as he kissed my skin. I moved my head to the side for easier access.

"You know, we could just stay here. Relive the night I came back from tour," he said and passionately kissed me on the lips.

"I don't think so, Mikey. We need to get going soon. The sooner we get our things there and unpack, the sooner we get to take Daniel back. I already miss the little guy," I said.

"Okay. I'll be in the car waiting."

He placed a kiss on my forehead before grabbing the box on his bed and leaving the room. I took one more look around.

"We can do this."

-

The rest of the afternoon consisted of us hauling in boxes and unpacking. The guys used the money they got from the tour and their management to buy furniture. There was still a lot that we needed, but it was enough for now.

There was a playroom/bedroom for Daniel right across from ours. All of his things were still in boxes.

Michael and I were painting his room. It was about halfway done. I dipped the roller in paint and when I turned around, Michael was right there. I dropped the roller and it left a blue streak down his Iron Maiden shirt.

"Oh, my god. Michael, I am so sorry. I didn't know you were there," I said.

"I know, but it makes this even better," he said.