Chapter 10

Luke's POV

I was walking around the park after the sun had set. I needed time to think. Mostly about Sam. I loved her. Not like a brother or a friend. I wanted to cuddle with her at night, kiss her, hold her hand.

I wanted to call her mine, but I couldn't. She had Michael. He loved her a lot and he wasn't going to let her slip away that easily.

I continued walking and saw a figure slumped against a tree. I got closer and saw it that was Sam. She was shivering, and her sweater was wrapped around her tightly.

"Hey, Sam. Sammy. Wake up," I said and shook her.

Her eyes slowly opened, and I could see the faint tear stains on her face. Her nose was red and her eyes were puffy.

"What're you doing out here? It's freezing! Let's get you home," I said, helping her stand up. She stumbled and held onto me.

"I don't want to go home," she mumbled.

"Why?" I asked.

"My parents."

"Oh, okay. Let's go to my house before you catch a cold," I said.

-

I sat Sam down on the couch beside me. She had a blanket wrapped around her and hot chocolate in her hand.

When we got to my house, she took a hot shower, and I washed her clothes with the help of my mum. I gave her some sweatpants and a hoodie. She told me about the fight between her and her parents.

"The way my dad yelled- he's never yelled at me like that before. I thought he was going to back me up, but no. He just sat there and watched until it was his turn. I wish he was back in the states. He should have never came home," she said.

"That's fucked up. They're blaming you for their problems when you didn't even do anything. It's their fault they can't get their shit together," I told her.

"Language," my mum said from the kitchen.

"Do you want me to call Michael?" I asked.

"No. I'm okay," she said.

"Okay, but just so you know, Calum's probably going to come over soon," I said.

"That's fine. I miss him. I just want to give Michael a break from my problems," she said.

"I don't think he'd mind. He cares about you a lot, you know," I said.

"I know," she sighed, taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

"Hey, want to hear a new song I've been working on?" I asked.

"Sure."

I ran upstairs to get my guitar and came back down.

"I don't have much written, but this is what I've got so far."

When the phone call finally ends

You say thanks for being a friend

I'm going in circles again and again

I dedicate this song to you

The one who I never sees the truth

That I can take away your hurt

Heartbreak girl

Hold you tight straight through the daylight

I'm right here