Chapter 20

Today, I vowed never to drink alcohol again.

---

Sam POV

I woke up feeling like my brain was trying to bash its way out of my skull. I groaned in pain as I flipped onto my side. My hand came in contact with a bare back. I found the person's head and touched their hair. It was Michael. Don't ask me how I knew. I just did.

"Sammy?" He said weakly.

"Yeah. It's me," I whispered and slowly opened my eyes.

I ever so slowly sat up and realized that I was in Michael's room. The comforter slipped off, revealing my bare chest. I immediately covered myself and lifted the blanket before immediately putting it back down. We were both naked.

"Michael, last night did we..." I trailed off.

"I think so," he said.

"What do you mean you think so?" I asked, feeling agitated.

"Well, we are naked, you have hickeys on your neck, and look at my hair. You should see yours," he said.

My stomach churned, and I threw up all the alcohol I consumed into the trash can next to his bed.

"Oh, babe. That's gross. Now I have to" he said and his face turned green.

He ran to his bathroom to puke, not caring that he was completely naked, while I was sick again. When he was done, he came back and laid down.

"I fucking hate hangovers," he mumbled.

"I am never drinking alcohol again," I groaned, massaging my temples.

Suddenly, Michael's door was thrown open. I pulled the blanket up to my chin, praying it wasn't his mum.

"Rise and shine, my drunken friends!" Ashton yelled.

"Ashton shut up. My head fucking hurts," I said.

"Sorry. Last night- wait. Am I interrupting something?" He asked, pointing his finger back and forth between us.

"No, but could you get out, please?" Michael asked.

"Yeah. I'll be downstairs," he said and shut the door.

"I'm going to take a shower," I said.

"Can I join?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"Not a chance."

I slipped out of bed and wrapped a blanket around my body. I padded over to his dresser and opened the drawer that had my clothes. Two arms slipped around my waist.

"After last night, you have nothing to hide. And we have showered together before," he said, leaving kisses on my shoulder.

"Fine. But if you try anything I will kick your ass," I said, and we went into the bathroom.

-

All the guys were downstairs when we got out. I was wearing a sweatshirt to cover the hickeys since I had no makeup.

We took our spot on the loveseat. Luke and Calum looked half alive. Ashton was the only one that seemed perfectly fine.

"Did you not drink last night?" I asked him.

"No. I had to drive you guys home," he said.

"Remind me why we're here again. I could be at home in my bed. No offense, Michael," Calum said.

"Sam and Michael look worse than you. And we are here because this is where we go almost every day," Ashton said and looked over at Michael and me, wiggling his eyebrows. "So, I guess you two had some fun last night." 

That little bitch.

"Shut up, Ashton. It's none of your business," I snapped.

"Sorry. I just wanted to know what was going through my friend's head's at that party," he said.

"Well, we would probably know if we didn't blackout," Michael said. 

After that, we put on the TV and lowered the volume. I tried to remember anything from last night but nothing came back.

Then, I thought of something. My eyes grew wide as my heart rate increases due to fear.

"Kitchen. Now," I whispered urgently in Michael's ear.

I stood up, and he followed me to the kitchen. He leaned against the counter.

"What is this about?" He asked.

"Last night, did we use protection?" I asked.

He pursed his lips as his eyes widened. My heart sank.

"I think so," he said.

"Is that all you can give me for an answer today? I think so?" I said, placing a hand on my hip.

"Are you on the pill?" He asked.

"No. My mom refused to let me take it."

"Shit. Oh, god. I am so sorry, Sam."

"It's okay. I'll pick up a morning-after pill just in case. Let's not worry about it right now. I trust you," I said and kissed him softly before going back to the living room.

I sat back down on the couch and let my mind wander. Did I trust Michael with something like this? Should I trust that he wasn't drunk enough to forget to use a condom?

-

"What the hell were you thinking about going to a party and not telling us?" Mom yelled when I entered the house.

"I was thinking that my parents were too busy being split up to notice," I said.

"Don't blame us for this. You are grounded, young lady!" Dad said.

"You can't ground me. I'm eighteen. I don't need to follow by your rules anymore," I said.

"Just go to your room," Mom said.

"Fine. I was on my way there anyway," I said and stomped upstairs.