Bellamy Blake Imagine

Something was bothering you and Bellamy knew it. He could sense it. You were acting slightly off, trying to avoid everyone and keeping your distance. Every time he had tried broaching the subject with you all you'd done was shrug, tried brushing it off as if it was nothing. But he could tell you were just putting on a brave face.

It wasn't until the evening that he tried to make sure you were all right. The camp was full of life, people talking loudly, slowly trying to celebrate something or another. Bellamy brushed the festivities off and went to find you, his thoughts only on making sure you were all right, whether you needed to tell him what was wrong or not.

"Hey." He said softly.

You moved your head out of your hands to look at him. He was standing in the mouth of your tent, a small frown on his face. He was scanning you worriedly. There was something in the compassionate expression on his face which warmed your heart.

"May I come in?"

You nodded, shifting on the bed, pulling your knees close to your chest. "Of course you can." You mumbled.

Bellamy moved into the room, perching himself on the edge of your bed. You didn't say anything, but he shifted so as to wrap an arm tightly around you.

"You don't have to tell me what's wrong." He said softly, pulling you close. "But just know that I'm here for you if you want to talk."

You nodded into his chest, relaxing into his hug.

And so you remained for the rest of the evening. He held you in his arms, cooing gently in your ear, or simply his breathing was enough to calm you. He stroked your hair, mumbling sweet nothings into your ear occasionally, making a small smile slip onto your face despite how the dark thoughts kept rearing their ugly heads.

"Bell." You said eventually, your eyelids dropping ever so slightly. "I need to tell you something."

He shifted, moving his hands into yours. He intertwined your fingers, playing with your hand as you moved to look at him.

"I'm just so afraid that I'm going to lose you." You told him, unable to look at him, distracting your attention with the folds in the sheets. "After everything that's happened while we've been here I just- Bellamy, I can't lose you."

Bellamy gently put his finger under your chin and moved your attention towards him.

"That's never going to happen." He assured you, keeping eye contact with you. "That's a promise, Y/N. I love you, and I'm never going to let anything get between us. Anything."

You felt the wall of tears break. You felt the warmth as they rolled down your cheeks. He pulled you closer, stroking your hair once more.

"Ssh." He said gently. "It's gonna be okay."

"I love you, Bellamy." You told him thickly, calming down in his embrace.

"I love you too, Y/N." He mumbled, before feeling tiredness wash over you as you hugged him back, glad that he was there. Glad that you knew he was always going to be there.