John Murphy imagine

"Where have you been?" You asked, your voice little more than a growl as you marched towards John. He'd just got back from being out on a walk, but the cuts and bruises covering his face told you all you needed to know. He'd been brawling with a few of the grounders again.

John shrugged his shoulders moodily, his eyes focused on something just to the side of you.

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing." He said defensively, his gaze flickering up to you.

"Oh, of course not!" You said, your voice getting slightly shrill. "It's not like you were fighting with grounders or anything, huh?" A voice others were slowly turning their attention towards you, but you didn't care, you'd been needing to get this off your chest for a while. "Were you thinking? I mean, evidentially not otherwise you wouldn't have freaking done it!" You threw your hands up in exasperation. "Do you have any idea how worried I've been? Waiting around, hoping that-?"

"I-I'm sorry, okay?" John cut you off in a small voice, looking away from you again. "I...I just don't know what else to do. Everyone here's got people to look out for, an what have I got?"

Your expression softened as you noticed the vulnerability that was finally showing. You sighed slightly. "John Murphy, you fool." You said softly, causing him to look at you sharply. "You've got me!" And then you pulled him into a reassuring hug.