Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Epilogue.

Comincia dall'inizio

“Yeah, but you know what this is our wedding anniversary so let’s go to dinner.”

*

[One Month Later]

“Hey I’m home.”

“Hey, were in the kitchen.”

“What is all of this?” Carson said looking at the mess that consisted of cake mix and egg shells all over the kitchen counter and floor. I walked over to Carson and put flour on his face.

“It’s just our attempt to make a cake.”

“For what, it no one’s birthday … is it?”

“No dad it’s not, but I’ll take a birthday gift any day.”

“I just bet you would, how was your last day of school?”

“Great I helped my teacher take everything down, and then we got to run around the school because it wasn’t a lot  of people there, and then at lunch we went into the kitchen and ate all we wanted.”

“Wow that sounds fun bud.” David smiled.

“It was.”

“Hey tell you what, you can tell me more about you day but how about you go get cleaned up first while I talk Sadie for a minuet.”

“Okay dad. I had fun making the cake with you Sadie.”

“Me too David.” I said as David gas me a hug then quickly ran off.

“Well, I guess that talk helped huh?”

“Yeah, I haven’t had any problems with attitude and he even smiled, did you see that hug?”

“Yeah, it was something. But what is the cake for?”

“I just had the taste for one.”

“You’re going to eat all of that by yourself?”

“I won’t be alone eating it.”

“I’m not letting David eat all that sugar he’ll be jumping off the walls.”

“How was work baby?”

“Don’t change the subject, I know you do that when you know your wrong.” I smiled and grabbed his hand pulling him to the couch.

“Have a seat Car. I made the cake because I was craving it. Understand?”

“So you got hungry so what?”

“No, okay I made a big cake enough for two to eat. You get it now?”

“And like I said before David is not eating all that cake.”

“Oh my god Carson you’re the cutest idiot I’ve ever seen.”

“I don’t understand why don’t you just tell me why you made the cake.”

“Because Sadie is pregnant dad!” David said as he walked into the room with confusion on his face.

“You’re what?”

“Yeah. I am, I found out yesterday afternoon, you were so tired from work last night I decided to tell you today.”

“What how do you … when did you--”