Immortal Heart

Introduction

2008

"Run little piggy!" Harry screamed to out next victim.

I sprinted through the trees and climbed up a tree to get a better view.

Our victims, two twins at the age of 10, their mother and her 1 year old son in her hands. We killed the dad back at the house. 13 Black Meadow. The house known though out the town and real estate as Death's Hide. Everyone knows this house as this. The family should have taken the warning from the towns people and the real estate agent. 

When the family finds out our secret we give them a week to get out the house before the attack. 

The smell of blood fills my senses. That's one of the twins, Jenny. Her blood smelt sweeter than Kayla's. Kayla's smelt more.... what would be the best word to describe it. In the human world it would be savory. I guess. 

I hear the mother running though the woods, she was mine. 

This family was stupid. I mean I know the police were ignoring them and nobody opened the doors when they know an attack is coming on the victims of Death's Hide but come on.... running in the woods? We need to give this family a medal. 

A savory smell welcomes me, looks like Harry is eating. He loved the smell of Kayla. 

The mother is below and in my sight. Holding her child whilst looking around frantically. Then with a thud she lands on the floor, the child out of her arms. Riley, even though he hates to admit it, loves young blood. I just wanted the mother. She's hot as hell for in her late twenties. 

She cries for the child whilst patting on the ground. That's when I jump down, I pin her to the ground and bite and tear her throut out. I hear her violent scream as her heart slowly stops.

The blood is so delicious, it fills the air and my senses. It's not just the meal we crave. It's the memories and feelings along with it. Desire... pleasure... happiness and pain? At the same time. I don't understand.

I follow deem into the blood, pulling out the memories that leaves me confused. Her wedding day, man she looked lovely. She walks down the aisle, butterflies in her stomach. She looks up to she him. What is this feeling?

Pain! Unimaginable pain! She's giving birth, her husband is holding her hand telling her it's going to be okay and telling her to push. All she wants to do it hit him and tell him to shut up. Then relief., she looks down and there she is, Kayla. More pain like the last one and out comes Jenny. The new mother holds them in her arms and feels pride and happiness. They have a family.

I pull back from the mothers neck and stagger back against the tree. I have never looked so deep in a memory. The feelings. She had everything I could never give a woman, something her husband gave her, a family.

"Hey Ben," I snap out of my thought. It's dumb to think of this stuff. All it does is get you thinking of things that makes you depressed. I look at Riley and reply, "Yeah?"

He holds up a can of lighter fluid, "Forgetting something?"