- epilogue -

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE <3
Can't believe this book is finished...HOWEVER;
My gift to you? I've started a new book which will be published very soon ;)
Enjoy you're day and this epilogue, everyone!
Much love,
LS
******

| Elliot |

The low stage on which a white grand piano stood, and the gazebo beside it, were luxuriously decorated with white flowers, tulle and fairy lights. The garden they both stood in was decorated just as beautifully, and a warm May breeze floated about, stirring the bows tied around the several rows of white chairs placed standing to face the gazebo.

Elliot's fingers shook ever-so-slightly in his lap as he sat on the piano seat and waited for his cue. His eyes roamed around the chattering wedding-goers; unsurprisingly, his eyes landed on a young lady sitting in the second row, her legs crossed and her fingers fiddling idly with the hem of her emerald dress. She must have felt someone looking at her, as she turned and met his eyes. A playful grin spread across her features and she tucked a strand of her short, honey coloured hair behind her ear.

The movement was so natural and characteristically her that it set butterflies loose in his stomach; she was absolutely lovely.

Despite her glowing appearance, he never let himself forget what she had gone through, and how much she had endured to become the strong, and powerful young woman she was, today; it was still difficult for him to understand how he had ever let her go so easily. Never again.

A motion from the end of the aisle pulled his attention away from her, and he began to play soft, romantic piece picked out specifically by the groom; Professor Ashkenazy.

His bride floated down the aisle, a long, lace train following her. He paused for them to say their vows, and as they walked back down the aisle, arm in arm with cheers surrounding them, he played a more lively tune that embodied the excitement of the new wed couple.

At the reception, he made his way through the crowd in search of Elise. He felt a firm hand on his shoulder and he turned.

"Elliot, thank you once again for your lovely performance." Professor Ashkenazy said, a warm smile placed on his lips.

"Yes, thank you so much, your playing was lovely." His wife said softly with a thick Russian accent.

"It was an absolute pleasure, thank you for having me play." Elliot smiled. They both looked so undeniably happy that it made a warm feeling spread through him.

"Is that your lady, Mr. Sinders?" His wife asked shyly and he turned to see Elise making her way through the crowd towards them; he beamed.

"Yes, that is her."

"Hello, I just wanted to come over and congratulate you two, it was an absolutely beautiful wedding." Elise said coming up beside him, smiling broadly.

"Elliot really set the tone of the wedding with his playing," Professor Ashkenazy's wife said excitedly, "I felt like I was floating, but perhaps that was due to something else."

Professor Ashkenazy beamed down at his wife and pecked her on the cheek.

"He is a good man," the professor said to Elise, nodding towards Elliot, "He knows the importance of priorities, and follows his heart."

Elise smiled, and leaned into the arm that Elliot wrapped around her waist, "He also knows how to pick a beautiful girl." His wife added and smiled cheekily and Elise laughed bashfully.

Professor Ashkenazy laughed,"Yes, I now see why you so urgently wanted to go home."

"It makes sense, doesn't it?" Elliot grinned, "Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful night."

"Thank you so much for attending." Professor Ashkenazy said sincerely, and touched Elise's arm, "And Elliot, I'm glad you were able to come as well."

"Enjoy the rest of the evening, you two," Elise said kindly as they walked away, "It was a pleasure to meet you."

They made their way around the large group of people surrounding the buffet table, "Would you like to dance?" Elliot leaned in and asked Elise softly.

She nodded, and smiled shyly, "I should warn you that I'm not a great dancer."

He chuckled and lead her to the dance floor where a handful of couples slowly swayed to the music, "I don't mind." He wrapped his hand firmly against her waist, and she placed her hand in his.

They began to sway to the music, Elise's head rested softly on his shoulder, "Thank you."

"For?"

"For believing in me."

Elliot's heart clenched, and he kissed the top of her head, "How could I not?"

"Not because I gave you every reason not to, or anything." She said sarcastically, her voice muffled by the fabric of his suit and he chuckled and twirled her. Elise laughed as her hair flew in her face during the spin, her eyes danced with amusement.

"I love you." He said, and her eyes widened, "I love you too."

Elliot's grin deepened;he dipped his head and their lips met halfway.

A beautiful feeling of bliss filled him, and he couldn't imagine being anywhere else than right there. Enveloped by everything that was Elise; her perfume, her hair, her delicate arms, the strength that radiated off of her.

They pull apart and he rested his forehead on hers, "Thank you."

"For?" she asked curiously.

"For believing in yourself."