- chapter 53 -

| Elliot |

"I can't believe you're back already." Amanda gushed while she sipped on a green smoothie that Elliot couldn't imagine being tasty.

"Yeah, it all kind of happened really fast." He replied, picking at his scone.

"So like, have you talked to Elise at all since you got back?" She asked and he shook his head, "Yeah, I suppose you didn't, she would have mentioned it."

"Oh yes, I didn't know you two became so close."

"Oh it's crazy, we bumped into each other a few weeks ago and we talked about everything that happened with her and we just kind of bonded." She said, and took another sip.

"Care to give me any insight?" He asked, "I mean, it's not like I cared very deeply for her and then had to leave on bad terms and haven't been able to get her off my mind and am dying inside because of it."

Amanda laughed, "Could've fooled me."

"C'mon, Manda." Elliot pleaded.

"Fine, but you have to promise not to tell her I told you."

"Deal."

"Okay, so she was super damaged before she met you, and she thinks that your presence, or whatever, allowed her to like, suppress it I guess?"

Elliot nods, "Keep going."

"Anyway, so when she came to the conclusion that she wasn't going to make it into Rhode Island, and you were leaving with Juilliard, she started to panic and collapse in on herself." Amanda finishes her smoothie, "So, during this collapse, she pushed herself away from everyone - especially you - and crawled into herself, not letting anyone else in."

Elliot felt goosebumps rise on his arms, she felt so alone, yet she never asked for help. She never said anything. "She was unbelievably strong."

"Yeah, and I think it's crazy that she managed to get through it so well, you know?" Amanda said, "Like, she said that art allowed her to find a balance within herself. It really payed off, too, like Rhode Island is opening a show in New York tomorrow with all her pieces."

Elliot's heart began to hammer, "Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, tomorrow around-" She stopped, "Wait, you aren't thinking of going, are you?"

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Oh, I don't know," She said sarcastically, "Probably because it would be a massively bad idea and could cause her to freak out at the sight of you."

He contemplated this for a moment as he stirred the ice cubes around his now-empty glass. He sighed.

"I don't care." 

i n c o n s o l a b l eजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें