- chapter 20 -

| Elliot |

"Wow Amanda," Elliot said, "I forgot how much you like to eat."

She stopped mid-bite and gave him a deadly look, "Are you calling me fat?"

Elise snorted while she sipped her water and Elliot couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of her comment, she had the figure of a 12 year old boy. "No, I was merely commenting on the amount of food you have the ability to intake."

"Better not be calling me fat." she muttered under her breath, and shoved another forkful of pasta into her mouth.

"What time is your audition, Elliot?" Elise asked between bites, she wore a blue summer dress that made her eyes look a startling blue, so different from the stormy colour he was used to.

"Er, 3," He said and he sipped his coke, "I don't know if I can eat this, I feel like I'm going to throw up."

"Not at the dinner table, please." Amanda said, holding up her hand.

"I doubt I could deter you from your food."

Amanda glared at him before she ate the last bite of her food and rubbed her belly with contentment, "I'm going to the washroom."

"You're going to great, Elliot, I don't know why you're worried." Elise said shyly.

"You've never heard me play." He pointed out, and she rolled her eyes, "Don't be ridiculous, I can't imagine you not being good."

"Why's that?" He asked as he leaned closer to her across the table.

"Be-because, it's you."

"I'm not sure what that is supposed to imply." He teased, easy smile folding across his cheeks.

"Nothing," Elise said, blushing slightly.

"Alright, we're good to go!" Amanda said, suddenly appearing beside them.

"You paid?" Elliot asked, shocked.

"Don't be like that, I can be nice." She said, and hit him playfully on the arm.

"You shouldn't have, Amanda."

"Nonsense, you are in my city, it's no problem at all."

They gathered their things, and Elliot grumbled about his crutches.

"How long are you on those for, anyway?" Elise asked, holding out her hands in case he stumbled.

"Next week I have a doctor's appointment, then I'm not sure where it will go from there."

"You don't need your foot to play, though, right? For like pedals?"

He laughed down at her, "No, I only need my fingers."