- chapter 47 -

| Elliot |

It was a curious feeling; to be so surrounded by people who genuinely cared about your well being, yet feeling entirely alone, nonetheless.

He had spent his first week at Juilliard burrowed in the library, where an aged grand piano stood proudly atop plush red carpet. It was the most inspirational room in the entire conservatory; when he stepped foot inside, he instantly felt stilled, at peace even. It allowed him to channel the concentration, grace, and professionalism needed to perfect his performance that would be put on display in several European cities within the next few days.

His last few weeks of high school had seemed to disappear as quickly as morning fog on a warm summer's day; and speaking of summer, the time that it contained seemed to disappear just as quickly. His leg had mended flawlessly; his heart hadn't.

Elliot often thought of Elise; he wondered if she had been accepted into the Rhode Island school, if she had taken part in an art school throughout the summer, if she missed him.

His fingers stopped mid-song and he pelt a pang of uncomfortableness settle inside.

He hoped she thought of him; he hoped she was happy.

Elliot turned his attention back to the keys in front of him, as he knew that they were the only thing left that would allow him to find his own happiness, once again.