Chapther Thirty

Cries of intense pain surged through my body, as I pushed what seems to be the birth of my first child. It was painful... Not even the positive vibes coming from Lucas, Mum, Zach and Josh were working.

Every time I looked over to one of them, my eyes would blur out mum and Zach, whilst it highlights a glow around Lucas and Josh. Was this going to be the end of my short life?

"Come on Abby, you can do this! Not long left!" Lucas cried with full determination in his face as he reassured me with a firm strong hand around mine.

"It hurts!" I moaned through gritted teeth whilst squeezing my eye shut tight and gripping on with the same strength on Lucas' hand.

Giving it another couple minutes of excruciating pain, cries of an infant filled the room - sighs of relief were thrown across the room.

"It's a boy!" Josh chirped with a smile on his face, his hand placed firmly on my right cheek brushing it with his thumb.  "Our beautiful baby boy, who looks just like mummy" he adds taking the precious little life into his other arm.

I was overwhelmed by the thought of introducing a new life to the world, but something just wasn't feeling right... My mind began screaming at me causing me to have a migraines.

"J-Josh" I stuttered nervously fumbling around with my free hand to grab Josh's. "I think we're having two babies" I added feeling the intense pain return and the grunts.

"Abby, I believe in you - even if their not my kids, I still believe in you.. Don't give up.. You're very close" Lucas spoke up reassuring me again once Josh had fallen completely shocked. "Uncle Lucas will do whatever it takes" he adds placing a delicate kiss on my forehead.

To my right, Josh sat in a hospital chair cradling a baby with fair hair, Josh was right - the baby did look a lot like me, but what was the second going to look like? Josh was tired, he had dark circles forming under his eyes from the stress of preparing and being here with me.

To my left, stood a strong and determined Lucas, he wasn't going to clearly give up loving me - he was willing to take on at least half of the responsibility of looking after my child. He too had dark circle forming underneath his eyes.

Lucas and Josh knew that I needed them both in my life, they knew I couldn't just pick one out of them... I loved them both.  Call me whatever you want ... But I've made my decision... I want both of them.

"Abby.." Lucas mumbled calmly into my ear.

The pain was gone, another cry erupted the room - I hope that's the end of the birthing pain.

"It's another boy" Lucas adds with a smile placing loose strands of my hair behind my ear.

What was I going to call my boys? That I didn't think clearly of during my pregnancy... I never came round to picking the name or names of my babies.

But all that ran through my head was that my two favourite people in this room, were cradling two of my babies that I just gave birth too.

Lucas had held a baby that pretty much looked like a combination of him and I, as the baby in Josh's arm looked surprising like him and I ... But what was going on?

"Miss Green... Your sons... Are identical twins... But turn out to have different fathers...and look so much a like to these two young men" A nurse stated walking over to my bedside whilst placing the first born on my chest for a skin to skin moment with me and glancing over at Josh and Lucas.

Different fathers? How can they be? The only person that I've really gotten personal with is Josh...

"It's strange really, something like this hasn't been proven by scientists just yet - or even been studied... May we have a word with the father and the blonde lad" the nurse says looking over at Josh and Lucas whilst walking out with them trailing behind her.

Silence had finally broken out, sweat droplets were cleared with a dry towel by mum. My babies were the cutest, but they were twins that barely looked alike ... One looked like Lucas and the other looked like Josh.

"Abby, doctor said its time for the second babies skin to skin" Zach said breaking the silence in a soothing voice.

"Okay" I replied calmly handing over the first born to mum, whilst elevating the bed to ease my pain a little more and cradling the second born, whom of which had identical features to Lucas.

It's crazy how everything has come to how it is now, if I disagreed to moving to Phoenix with mum almost two years ago now, I wouldn't have known Josh or Lucas ... Or even be looking/ seeing such precious lives before me.

If I'd disagreed, I'd be living hell with my dad - not once has he showed me love as I grew older, not once had he decided to visit me or call... He has better priorities like his other children and other wife. Agreeing was the best thing that's happened to me really, I'm here with all the people I love with all my heart and starting my own family...