Chapter One:-

Abby:-
It was your average gloomy pesky rainy day in London, but it never surprised anyone to change suddenly in seconds of wrapping cosy and warm.

"Come on love, we need to catch our flight!" Mum yelled with some short breaks between each word.

"Do you need some help with that mum?" I asked taking a step out of my room.

"No, no it's okay sweetie." She replied flicking her short hair hazel hair behind her ears. "Are you finished packing your stuff in your room yet?" she asked looking up at me as she took a small rest.

"Yeah, just got a few bits to go, nothing much after that really" I answered placing my hands the banister with my hair falling lightly from being tucked behind an ear.

"Right, you get that done whilst I take these boxes to the movers truck outside." she adds almost instantly after I spoke.

I guess it's official, mum and I are actually moving to Phoenix. I can't believe that i'm going to have to restart my life over again, i'm not really the person to make friends that easily, neither am I cool living in the area I know nothing about. Phoenix should grow on me into the area quicker otherwise I'll be making a U-turn back to the UK myself.

As soon as mum got out the door with four boxes in her arms, I slowly turned at my heals heading to my room. It felt strange with nothing but two suitcases and three boxes that sat in the middle of my room. It's going to be hard to let go of this room, it captured a percentage of my childhood - back when mum and dad were happy together and not filling divorce papers against each other.

I picked up a few of the last belongings left out, whilst huffing at most of the things that were sprawled across the plain hardwood floor and packed them into the right labelled boxes. I never thought my room was ever going to be empty like this, but I don't have a say in what happens, I just know that the new life ahead is going to be worth it in Phoenix as well as giving me lots of chances to become what I desire to be.

"You ready yet Abby?" Mum asked standing by the door of my room with a smile spreading across her face. Of course I was silent but I answered with a nod. "Darling, you'll fit right into Phoenix I promise, you'll also make friends" she adds reassuring me.

"I'm an introvert" I replied zipping up my suitcase and sitting on whilst it was stood up.

"Well, you'll have to get to know them - i'm not losing my only daughter to a man who cheated on me when you were just about to walk" she answered in a motherly tone. "Now come on, let's get these stuff downstairs and off to Phoenix" she added in a happy mood giving me the thumbs up.

"Changes are good" I huffed standing up and taking down the suitcases first and shoving them into my uncle's car, he was here to send us off to the airport.

~Three hours later~

"Can't believe i'm actually going along with this" I spat randomly at mum

"Oh sweetie come on, cheer up - remember you'll have the same life there as you do here.. you won't even notice the difference" she replied handing the flight attendant our boarding passes.

"You'll never know" I muttered walking towards the gate wafting air in my face to cool me growing body temperature to nervousness

The plane began to take off and made me realize that maybe mum was right, but i'll always miss the British air and all my friends I made throughout my life as I grew older over time. The flight was a little bumpy along the way due to turbulence, but I was getting used to it, nothing cured my boredom but the beautiful sunset outside the window I sat by, I have never seen such beauty in my life - the sunset made me want to repaint it and frame it up in the new house, which I hope isn't bad.