Chapter Fourteen:-

Abby:-
Mum didn't dare question why I was back in her house and not at home with Josh the night i walked through the front door with the keys i still kept. I'd never felt so heart broken in my life, being shattered into thousands of pieces killed every last hope that i had. I couldn't see the my future with anyone now, all i could see was the child growing up fatherless but happy with he/hers well being.

Ever since Lucas dropped me off at mum's, he never stopped trying to persuade me to stay - he was that one person who never gave up on me once during the year i've been here, he stopped me from doing things that would hurt me and damage my grades - he was like a brother i never had in fact.

"Come on Abby, there must be a reason for you to stay here" Lucas whined collapsing on my old bed sighing loudly in defeat when I shook my head the hundredth time.

"I'm not going to breathe or be in the same area as that devil" I hissed slapping a photo frame down on it's face which had a picture of me and Josh when he took me out on a date to a posh restaurant that was an hour away.

"You're technically not breathing the same air as him, cause he isn't around" Lucas states pointing a finger in the air still sprawled along my bed.

"Really Lucas" I questioned giving the look

"It's true, you're not breathing the same air as him - the only person that you're breathing the same air as is me and your mum who is probably listening" He replies throwing himself onto his butt and looking at the closed door.

"Oh, what does it matter" I sighed "Still going" I whispered turning on the pc.

"Uh- uh" He says pressing the off switch on the outlet.

"What the hell Lucas" I whined reaching out to turn it back on as he slaps my hand as if he was swatting a fly with his hand. "Ow"

"What can i do? " he says "To make you stay here ... i can help you raise this child if you like" He adds with a shrug combing back his fading red hair with his fingers.

"Stay the night then" I muttered yawning looking at Lucas.

He didn't hesitate one bit. As the night drifted on - i thought to myself why i liked Lucas for who he was, he's the sweetest and kindest person i know ... he'd do anything to make someone feel better whether it was stupid or not. Let's just say i slept like a baby that night in Lucas' arms, his light breathing soothed me through the night and made me forget what happened - i couldn't leave, just thinking about the people who live here could support me.

I tried my hardest not to wake up Lucas as I got out of bed, he was a light sleeper and I was surprised he didn't shoot up when I tripped over with a loud thud, I thought it would be a good time to check on my old email since I haven't checked in a while.

I haven't received much email since I moved over to Phoenix and made a new account. But there was one email that I got from Mr Tate... why would he send me an email?

Dear Abby,

I'm sure you are aware that you are a bright student in my class, I'm quiet impressed with your work and it's the best I've seen in all my years of teaching yet.

But this isn't what this emails about, I was considering the thought that you could maybe tutor Mr Josh Fitzgarland. If that's alright with you, if there is any concerns please feel free to stop by or not.

Thanks,

Mr Tate.

You must be kidding me right? Me tutor Josh in science?! That's funny! Cause that last thing I remember from science was that he couldn't tell the difference between a plant cell and an animal cell. There's no way I'll be teaching him anything at this rate.

"What's that Ab?" Lucas said with a raspy deep morning voice.

"Oh nothing" I replied with high pitched voice slapping the off button instantly.

"Okay?" He muttered ruffling his hair. "Abby you need to talk to Josh.." he adds wrapping his arm around my waist from behind.

What's gotten to him, last night he was raging about Josh, im confused literally and now he's holding me like Josh does in the mornings. Is there something he isn't telling me or is it just another way of his comforting me in this rough bumpy situation

"Why should should I?" I asked angrily not moving an inch liking the warmth from Lucas.

"I know I said a lot of bad things last night about him, but come on - Abby he's the father of this child" he replies rubbing my growing stomach

"So? I'm pretty sure you can be the babies father ... I mean replacement father you're worthy of the role" I said instantly

"I will take that in consideration for later, but I don't want to be the father of another mans child" he replies walking over to the beside table and picking up one of our phones. "call him and tell him to meet you at the park" he adds passing a phone over to me.

"Why are you doing this you saw what happened!" I yelled

"It doesn't matter what I saw! Krystal is a bad person, we both know Josh was changing for you! To make YOU happy" he yelled back throwing a shirt on.

"He doesn't need to make me happy.." i muttered flipping the phone in my hands. "Just being here with you, at this moment, I'm happy"

"Yes he does - when he say's your the only one he's ever liked ... he means it - i myself know that cause it's what he does to you and he doesn't do it to other girls" Lucas says walking out my room. "I won't make you smile the way he does"

It went dead silent for a while until my phone began ringing showing the ID... Josh. Did he really care that much to call me? Because i ain't happy with his player type ways.. But there was no way i was going to answer him a day after the incident, you must be absolutely bonkers. Just give it two months and wait for him to chill.

Sometimes I ask myself why do I fall for these type of boys, why do they seem like an eye candy to me? Who knows but I'm going to have to forgive him soon. Maybe it was the best for the both of us to be there for the child. I've been getting these feeling that there is going to be two kids not one - but i might be assuming things, cause there are no twins in both our families and it will be unusual for me to give birth to twins in like 8 months