Chapter Twenty-Four:-

I couldn't explain how excruciating the pain was when the babies began to do their daily kicks. Not even the sweet tastes of luscious mouthwatering watermelon ice-cream did the job. Three and half weeks to go Abby... You can do this!

"That's like your ninth tub sweetheart" Mum stated handing me another tub of watermelon ice cream. "We don't want you risking a long and frustrating brain freeze" mum adds.

"Mum, these babies aren't giving me any justice right now - ice cream helps my dying craving" I replied after a fairly large spoonful of the cold substance in my mouth.

Gosh! It was marvellous, mouth watering and addictive. The way the watermelon flavours would burst onto your tastebuds after every bite. That's the one thing I loved being pregnant, I could binge eat all I wanted and nothing would happen - unless I'm wise about what goes down my throat and feeds the babies.

"You and your cravings - you literally have it worse than me during pregnancy, that's mainly cause you're feeding and carrying two" Mum comments taking a seat next to me, whilst trying to sit comfortably in the small den I've made.

I've realised that mum, thanks for pointing out the obvious! I wonder if my kids will have Josh's eyes or his fair dirty blonde hair. Or the other way round...

"Greetings!" Lucas chirped happily out of no where throwing his arms frantically in the air and waving them.

"Someone got bugs in their skin or what?" I joked sitting up comfortably to make more room on the small couch for Lucas to sit.

Of course, Lucas wasn't the only person who had constantly come or called to check if I was doing fine - Josh had called every 4-5 hours to make sure everything is okay with me. That's when I started appreciating the way he wanted to prove me wrong about him, he wasn't your typical badboy. He was a guy who he wanted to experience thickness and health with - turns out I came along and changed his life just like I did to Lucas'

Now, I torn between deciding who I should go with - my mind tells me one thing and then my heart tells me another. Josh liked everything I liked, except taste in music at certain points. Lucas loved everything I loved - but who could I choose?

Never I have been a person that had choose between two, neither have I been someone that has been loved by two different guys from the very start.

"What is my lovely princess and co doing today?" Lucas asked throwing a lazy arm behind and around me.

Trying to act cute? I don't think so Lucas - you've made twice as many moves than expected. But I do really appreciate the way he decided to show me some affection.

"If you're talking about the princess on the TV, I think she's got it in the bag" I chuckled in reply pointing to a little girl dressed in a Cinderella dress that has just been released.

At this rate, mum had started laughing lightly at Lucas' reaction to the joke I made and taken the tub of ice cream out my hands.

Give it a second or so, the women will beckon me to get out the house on do a little of exercising - to you know strengthen my core when it comes to that time. But Josh said he had something planned for me later on... Heck knows what it is - again he said it was pretty much special and he had spent a lot of time putting it together... He must be really sorry for thing he had done - so, he's trying his hardest to make up for the crime done.

~Josh~

Strategically, I spent most of my two days alone planning a night that wouldn't be forgotten for Abby. In this world, only one person mattered to me the most... And that was Abby.

Surprisingly, earlier today as i rummaged through crumpled up paper and pictures dad had dropped off - I had come across a diary. One of which I wrote in on a daily... It so happens that on one day, I was fed up with living the life I had and began to picture my future partner to be - every detail was vivid, each feature and characteristic seemed to match the girl I fell in love with ... Abby.

Has fate finally come to help my troubled life? If so, I am thankful for its good deed to come and support me now.

"You really think this is going to work Mrs Green?" I asked Abby's mum, whom had given me simple things to surprise Abby with later tonight.

I hope this will be a momental memory that lasts forever for the both of us. Hopefully, our kids that are soon to be arriving into this would - will respect their future partners and accept what life gives them.

"I know my daughter like a note written on the back of my hand sweetheart - she'll love this scenic" Mrs Green replied twirling around the fairy lights once more around the bark of a wide tree.

Abby's mother had found free time to give a helping hand with preparing this little surprise for Abby, It was currently 12PM and Abby was at home binge eating watermelon ice cream - my baby... I love her so much.

Feeling a pang in my heart, I had in inkling the night she left - was the night she wanted to book a flight back to the UK and live with her dad... Of course, I wasn't going to let that happen - neither is that girlfriend/fiancé stealer, so I had thought of this surprise to make her smile.

"I'm still pretty convinced she booked a ticket back to the UK" I mumbled looking down at my feet kicking the miniature pebbles under my feet.

"If she did, I'm sure she'd tell me Joshua... There's nothing to worry about - she never really liked her father since the day he left her" Mrs Green commented dropping whatever she held in her hands and wrapped an embracing arm around my shoulder.

I'm truly blessed to have people like Abby's mother helping out, but I wonder how it transitioned from her not liking me one bit... To someone who's just too accepting of me - maybe it due to the theory I'll be the father of her grandchildren...