Chapter Twenty:-

Abby:-

I thought I'd never say this, but I was extremely happy that me and Josh are engaged. I still don't understand how a good/new girl meets the towns bad body would ever work out. I never really got on with any other boy after Jackson in that sort of way. Yes, i had guys as my mates ... but never usually more than that, that began to make me feel a little worried about my future, whether i was going to have kids or not to continue the family name - or even have a happy ending towards the end of a long life at an old age.

Lucas seemed really pissed out when I told him a week ago from today. Anytime that i went into school for my three hours, of course when i wasn't having major mood swings or crazy pickles cravings.

Ew, the thought of pickles just make me blargh! i hate them and always will hate them! I can't stop shivering at the thought of just eating 3 dozens of that in the past 4 days makes me hurl, it was slimey and smelly ... just yuck!

When i had lessons until the afternoon, the team would gather up in our usual area at the back of the cafeteria and sit at the only round table left in this dull and blank room.

At times i would notice Lucas' eyes trail onto me when Robert begins blabbing about this concert he wants us to go to with him during our summer holidays, i know that i can't go ... i had to look after the babies, if i were to leave Josh alone with them ... he'd either teach them the bad things or hurt them in a way but not having a single clue why their crying due to double baby stress, even if he was ready he'd probably still fail. I could feel the blood pumping in my veins start to boil due to the stares Lucas kept doing every so often.

"You're freaking the girl out" James muttered putting his text book away into his backpack, he was studying the same course as me, but takes the later lessons due to family issues in the early hours of the day.

"Exactly man, just cool off - i'm sure whatever she's done isn't that bad" Robert spoke up pulling his headphones down from his head, i'm surprised he heard what James had said - normally he would have his music blasting out crazy loud.

You know when Roberts around, when you hear the loud instrumental parts blasting right through his headphones... still have no idea how he hasn't lost his hearing yet.

"She's engaged to the devil" Lucas hissed clenching an orange in his hand,I could tell that he was grip was getting tighter when his knuckled turned a pure white color, I began to feel the real sympathy for the poor orange when the juices came spitting out from every side of the orange.. Am I experiencing another part of emotions from this pregnancy? Cause this is just awkward feeling sympathy for an inanimate object.

"He's not a devil" I mumbled whilst playing with the food on my plate that was slowly becoming colder by the second as it sat directly under the Air Con. Now you know one reason about why we sit far from the rest of the people in this school.

"Well, how would you know that?" Lucas spat dropping the orange onto the table and hitting the table with his other hand.

"You don't know him as well as i do, he is a kind person when you really get to know his story" I replied trembling for words and becoming a little more louder with what i was saying to prove my point. "You know what... It's your opinion about him - i'm not going to have a say in it" I hissed getting up grabbing my bag and tray. It took me sometime to squeeze pass a few people standing in my way just to dump the left overs in the bin

I went back to this phase where i didn't want to talk to anyone or even bothered moving from the spot i was in for a couple minutes. Jess had stopped by to check on me every 20 or so minutes to see if it was okay, she was the only person who knew where i would hide when i didn't want to socialize with any other human. I would sit under the stands of the rugby field as it was the only place that calmed me down and made me feel better.

"Abby.." A voice that sounded like Lucas said.

"What?" I mumbled looking through the fence watching hundreds of cars drive by with almost the speed of light.

"I really need to talk to you" The voice replied whilst sitting in right in front of me...

What does Lucas want from me now? Is he just going to keep rubbing it in? I know he's my best friend and my brother, but there always one thing you will dislike about someone and that one thing for him is he never stops being protective.

"What?" I repeated again turning my head to face a different direction, i don't remember why i was mad .. everything flushed out my body like the falls.

"I'm sorry" Lucas mumbled placing a hand underneath my chin turning my head to face him.

The tension between us was awkward for a while, neither of us moved an inch .. i didn't dare move, i didn't know what was wrong with me and my mind set... my mind told me different things and my heart just wanted to play a game.

Lucas was someone who did almost everything to make me feel better, spent the night at mine if i needed support and was there for me since day one. I have to admit his eyes still glimmered in the sunlight as they always did.. but more beautiful than ever.

"Abby.. I love you and i won't give up no matter what - even if your happily engaged or married to Josh, i'll always love you more than anything" Lucas says

"I-I"

"You don't need to say it if you don't want to say it" he muttered leaning in towards me still having a grip on my chin. "Just remember, if anything doesn't work i'm here to help you get through it all" he adds before planting a kiss my lips.

This time round, i didn't regret it for some reason, i was having mixed feelings for two different people.When i came to Phoenix, i knew who i was routing for first - but it didn't turn out that way, it happened on a whole different level.

I was supposed to be with Lucas and make Josh be my friend instead of discriminating me at the start just to get on my good side. After all, i happy with what i have now... Lucas ...I don't know anymore. I do know I do love him.

"Thank you for being there for me from day one, thank you for being my best friend and my only brother" I said breaking the silence. "But i want to know why you're doing this" I added holding on to one of his hands to allow him to know this was a serious moment now.

"There are things you don't know about Josh and what he does behind your back... he won't give up his bad boy ways even if it's you... i don't want to tell you anymore before i get killed or hurt - but you'll find out on your own" He replies with a gentle kiss on my temple.